NECC MOTORSPORTS HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING EVENTS

Autocross, Landspeed, Drag Racing, Road Racing, Other Driving/Racing topics
Allan Lacki

NECC MOTORSPORTS HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING EVENTS

Post by Allan Lacki »

Registration is now OPEN for 2024!

How would you like to test your car and your driving skills on a “Real Racetrack”? We do not mean 5 or 6 laps. We mean a whole day of driving on a racetrack.

Click or tap the link below to register for our June 8 2024 event at New York Safety Track. Early Bird Price = $325 per driver. https://tinyurl.com/ykn8csks

Click or tap the link below to register for our July 20 2024 event at Pocono South Course. Early Bird Price = $325 per driver. https://tinyurl.com/mw6hzray

Click or tap the link below to register for our COMBO PACKAGE! New York Safety Track & Pocono South Course (New York Safety Track - AND - Pocono Raceway!) Early Bird Price = $600 per driver. https://tinyurl.com/2r5zzhbr

Those early-bird prices won't last forever, so go ahead and register now to get the savings.

For more information, visit www.neccmotorsports.com ::-):
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: NECC MOTORSPORTS HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING EVENTS

Post by davemotohead »

Al, wasn't the Corsa insurance for track events removed? Also I been thinking of putting on a track event at Willow Springs, are your events for Corvairs only or any car?
Attachments
IMG_4993.JPG
Allan Lacki

Re: NECC MOTORSPORTS HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING EVENTS

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hi Dave,

CORSA Insurance for Track Events.

Yes, Corsa insurance for track events was removed from our general liability policy. Our agent, J.C. Taylor, shopped around and couldn't find an alternate insurance company that would restore it.

Shopping for Track Event Insurance

So, I went out on my own and shopped around. There are a number of insurance companies (Hagerty being one of them) out there that offer collision insurance for the drivers, but not general liability insurance for the event sponsors like CORSA and NECC.

So, when it comes to event sponsors like us, I could find only three insurance companies that provide coverage: K&K, Safehold and Northwest Insurance Group. They not only wanted to know our autocross schedule at the beginning of each calendar year, but also they also required us to apply for insurance separately for each individual event. And there wasn't much in the way of a price discount for insuring multiple events.

At that point, it made no sense for the CORSA business office to act as a middle man between the chapters and the insurance companies. We'd simply gum up the works.

NECC's Track Insurance

Regarding NECC: We're in the same boat as CORSA and its chapters. Luckily, at New York Safety Track, NECC is covered as an "additional insured" under the track's policy. The cost is baked into the track rental price. For Pocono, we're on our own, so we buy a one-day policy from K&K. It ain't cheap. In 2023, NECC paid $2,093. That's for one day.

NECC, Corvairs & Water Pumpers

Beginning way back in 1973, NECC ran time trials at Lime Rock Park, which is a beautiful course. We used to get 50 or 60 Corvairs on the track. But by 2007, their track rental prices skyrocketed and we could no longer afford to rent Lime Rock.

Meanwhile, the number of Corvair drivers dropped way down, so we had to admit "water pumpers" to fill out the field. Now, we can count on only five Corvair drivers: Terry Stafford, John Egerton, Dan & Nick Schmid, Mike Pietro and Brian O'Neill. We occasionally draw some others Corvair guys, such as Tony Gravino and Joe Salmastrelli. I used to be a regular myself, but I recently spent $$$ on re-restoring my Corvair and I don't have room on my property to store a dedicated track car.

Willow Springs

Willow Springs sounds like a great idea! I see that Chris Shade gets a pretty good turnout for his track day. When you're ready, I can show you how NECC handles registration, etc.

Al Lacki ::-):

Return to “Flaps up, Balls out!”