Newbie in Austin, TX

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
VairyFast

Newbie in Austin, TX

Post by VairyFast »

Howdy.
Craig Holden here--
I've got myself a '65 convertible, straight, but cosmetically challenged. It started life as a base model (110?), but it's now got a Corsa dash, quad carbs, and a 4-speed. I've had it a little over a year, and I haven't done much to it; I had to take apart one carb because the float kept sticking, and I repacked the front wheel bearings. I need to address a pretty bad oil leak, and a chassis issue, and it desperately needs bodywork and a paint job. Surprisingly, the top is in good shape!
I've never owned a Corvair before, but have owned many other "toys", including VWs.
It's a lot of fun to drive, and I'm looking forward to tinkering and learning the ins and outs of Corvair care.
gbullman

Re: Newbie in Austin, TX

Post by gbullman »

Welcome! Glad you are already enjoying it. I’m about 3 years in after a 40+ year break from owning one. My wife and I get out often when the weather cooperates. These cars do draw a lot of attention.
Gary Bullman
66 Corsa Convertible
Gasman63

Post by Gasman63 »

Welcome to the group. A lot of very smart Corvair people here that are willing to help you so ask any questions you have and enjoy the learning experience
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible 140 4 speed.
Colorado Springs :wave:
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

:welcomeparty: :welcome: :welcome2:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:

Return to “Introductions”