Roxanne - my '68 110 Monza Coupe if For Sale

(Corvair ads you find on other sites can also be discussed here, i.e. ebay, craigslist.)
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
stumpy

Roxanne - my '68 110 Monza Coupe if For Sale

Post by stumpy »

1.JPG
Yes, it’s true . . . “Roxanne” - my turquoise 1968 Corvair Monza coupe is FOR SALE.

I (and my wife!) have decided that I cannot have three toys - I have just completed the purchase of a 1965 AMC Rambler American 330 station Wagon. It should be in Austin in a couple weeks. Have wanted a wagon for a few years. My ‘66 is never leaving until I do!!

Roxy has been in Austin for 14 months and we have gone through a lot together in that short time. She came to me from a small used car dealership in Virginia and unfortunately, the former owner was not willing to pass along any early life details?! She was in nice shape with good overall paint but, like so many 55 year old Vairs, she needed some renovation, TLC and a lot of new rubber pieces.

The interior was removed and the floor was found to be in good shape. I used Rust-Oleum rusty metal primer and then two coats of gloss black paint. A layer of sound deadening material was applied to all surfaces and the carpet & seats were put back in. I added heavy rubber floor mats for durability.

The engine compartment was gone through, cleaned and painted. Carburetors were rebuilt with Clark’s deluxe kits. The mechanical fuel pump was blocked off with a custom flow through block to allow the electric pump near the gas tank to feed the existing fuel lines. I added silicon encased insulation sleeves to the compartment lines for cooler gas to the carbs. Of course a new battery was required. The 110 hp motor and power glide transmission were strong and required no internal work. Odometer sits at 87,374 but I need to go fill up the tank after just replacing the sender unit. Original lower shrouds including thermostats, rods and doors are off but will accompany the car.

I removed the existing backup lights and made the new matching tail lights work as running, turn and brake lights. I also added a 12” LED 3rd stop light bar just under and centered on the deck lid. The back end really lights up!

I cleaned out the trunk and sprayed Dupli-Color ‘68 matching trunk paint on all surfaces. A fire extinguisher is mounted in the trunk. I had replaced the fuel sending unit last July and replaced it again recently. I had also recently replaced the 2 year old one on my ‘66. Clark’s is having a real problem with their brass floats. To alleviate this float issue, I coated the new brass floats with POR 15 fuel tank liner paint. Two rattle cans of original turquoise paint and a 2-oz bottle of the same as touch up is included with the car.

The brakes all received new cylinders, rubber lines and spring kits - a couple steel hard lines were also replaced. A local shop resurfaced all drums. Five new tires were mounted to repainted rims - still haven’t cleaned the white walls! New shocks were installed at each corner.The Pitman Arm worn rubber bushing was replaced with a nylon unit recently. A steering stabilizer/dampener was also just added. The non-original driver side mirror was replaced with a new Chevy symbol mirror and a similar passenger side unit was added.

There are only three non-critical issues I have not dealt with - 1. The dash lights appear dull in a dark garage although I replaced the ignition & headlight switches! May be the ground? 2. I have not replaced the rotted warm air tubing from the engine to the heater motor. And, 3. The new turn signal switch does not always return to home position after turning right? It sometimes needs to be done manually?

A 5-page pdf document listing all parts, suppliers and costs is available for review. A ‘68 Shop Manual & Supplement is included along with an owners manual and a full color electrical wiring layout.

Price is $17,650 or best reasonable offer to be paid by cash, cashier’s check or PayPal. Will help as necessary with transportation but this sale is: as is, where is - Austin, TX.

Below are some sample photos - I have many, many more that I will be happy to email - send a message with an email address.

Thanks for looking - tell your friends and club members!!
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
Phil Dally

Re: Roxanne - my '68 110 Monza Coupe if For Sale

Post by Phil Dally »

This car would do really well on Bring a Trailer.

https://bringatrailer.com/chevrolet/corvair/?q=corvair
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
69monza

Post by 69monza »

second the motion for BaT
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Small.JPG
THANKS GUYS . . . Will look into that.

I'm hoping for the best as I drive Ruby Loo Who around the Austin area. I'll never part from her.

Stealing part of a well known slogan . . "They'll have to pry my cold, dead hands off the steering wheel"!!

Return to “Vehicles For Sale”