New FC 8 door Panel for me

Need to know how? Want to show how?
vairmech

New FC 8 door Panel for me

Post by vairmech »

A friend and I purchased a van because we want to go to shows and sell stuff and then still drive a Corvair. So we started looking around , we thought about a pickup but the parts were to exposed to the weather, been there done that with my ole Blue and parts trailer.
Now I am getting it ready to take to Pensacola to the Corvair Lovers Holiday. I drive it a short ways and it has carb issues and I also hear a diff whine, low, but it's there. My plans include a new engine eventually but in the mean time I built a 64 diff with a 3.27 and a 65 4 spd. Why the 64 case? Eventually I will get lighter springs for the rear and add the 64 car leaf spring! OH, and I added self adjusting brakes to the mix.
But what I am doing right this second is brakes. I'm converting to a dual master but I wanted the outlets on the Right side, NOT the left. Why you ask? Because the outlets go right into the frame rail with almost no clearance. I will run a new line to the rear from the Master and not bother with the old one. Of course it gets new brake shoes and hoses. The old shoes were relatively new but one or more were on backwards and the wheel cylinders needed to be rebuilt. Lastly I will be adding an electric fuel pump, external right now, along with the controller. Later when I rebuild the Mystery Shifter I'll pull the tank and put an in tank pump in. And then eventually it will get a gas heater installed, right now this is a HEATER DELETE van!

Below are some of the pictures and they are mostly self explanatory.

Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention
jnels

Re: New FC 8 door Panel for me

Post by jnels »

Do you have any photos of the van? It looks pretty solid for what I can see.
J Nelson- Western WI (110PG in another world)
66 Corsa Turbo Coupe
61 Greenbriar
vairmech

Post by vairmech »

There have been a couple of people look at this van and there is only1 rust spot through the metal! Yes, it needs paint but there is no rust. This is the cleanest van I have ever owned. Do you know how an early car door shuts? Very easily! I can just push ANY of the doors and they will close, no slamming of any door.

Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

Nice looking van Ken!
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
sweet66monza

Post by sweet66monza »

Very cool! I love 8 door panels, that one looks especially good in black! Cool project for sure!
Cody Hurley
Post Falls, ID
66 monza convertible 140/pg loaded with options
66 corsa turbo coupe 3rd owner
66 Canadian monza coupe 110/pg
65 monza coupe 110/4 daily driver

Return to “DIY - Explanations and Demonstrations”