WHEEL SPACERS?

Humor, Politics, etc...
Anlaxu

WHEEL SPACERS?

Post by Anlaxu »

Hi all, looking to buy new BONOSS wheel spacers. Does anyone know the size I need to order? I guess forged aluminum alloy is the way to go. thanks for the help.
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: WHEEL SPACERS?

Post by azdave »

You asked that already a month ago and never replied back.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16988&p=118143#p118143

Are you really needing wheel spacers or are you just a spammer placing key words on the forum to improve search engine ranking for BONOSS? If you don't reply back with something relevant to our Corvairs then I'll delete.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
gbullman

Re: WHEEL SPACERS?

Post by gbullman »

I expect there are a lot of dependencies on what would be the right ones for your application. There is no 1 size fits all answer.

Do you have an Early Model (4 lugs) or Late Model (5 lugs)?

Almost all wheels I'm looking at do not have enough backspace so spacers would make the situation worse. I'd be curious what wheels you're looking at that have too much backspace and require spacers.

If you want the centerline of the tires to be in the stock location you take the stock wheel measurements and adjust per the new wheels you intend to use;

Stock = 5 1/2" width, 4 1/4" backspace
If you go with 6" wide wheels, ideally you'd want a backspace of 4 1/2" (add 1/2 of the additional wheel width)
If you go with 7" wide wheels, you're shooting for 5" backspace
and so on.

Best I can tell it is hard to hit those backspace specs exactly so you get as close as you reasonable can.
Gary Bullman
66 Corsa Convertible

Return to “Off Topic”