Original Body/Interior Colors?

All Models and Years
crtoons

Original Body/Interior Colors?

Post by crtoons »

Hi out there in Corvair land, can someone decipher for me what this tag designates as far as my '68 Monza Convertible's original exterior color and it's interior color? Right now the body is white, with a black top but the interior has red carpeting and it looks like a previous owner switched out the door panels and upholstery and did it in red and white. My gut tells me that neither one of these are the correct ones for this car. Can anyone clear it up for me?
Attachments
Motor_Tag.jpg
Nickshu

Re: Original Body/Interior Colors?

Post by Nickshu »

G = Granada/Ash Gold
-2 = Black top

Not sure what interior color 710 is, for some reason it's not in my reference. I'm sure Brad will reply with it.

I think the G in the upper right means the metal parts of the interior were painted black (dash, A pillars, exposed interior part of the door frame).
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
crtoons

Post by crtoons »

Thanks Nick, appreciate that! Not a fan of the white it is now, or the interior. Is there a place where I can see a sample of that color on the web?
classicchevyowner7

Post by classicchevyowner7 »

Here are the codes and samples for 68 http://www.corvaircorsa.com/pntcpc68.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
- Allen

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”