pix and videos

Anything Corvair related
mrg

pix and videos

Post by mrg »

i am restoring 1962 spyder and i would like to share pix and videos with a group. the problem is that i have no idea how to attach a pic and or a video. :redface:

mrg
mrg

Re: pix and videos

Post by mrg »

I may figured it out here are some pix of my 1962 Spyder
Attachments
corvair pix.docx
It was a long and painful process
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:coolphotos:

Here they are... all 25 images of your 1962 Spyder. You originally had them embedded in a Microsoft Word document, which makes it difficult for many on the Corvair Forum to view them (especially if they don't have Microsoft Word or some viewing application that will let the view this type of document). I pulled the images out of the Word document and saved them as individual pictures in JPEG (.jpg) format and then uploaded them as 25 attachments to this post.

I pulled a few of your previous entries on the Corvair Forum so that everyone would understand a little more about your project. So far it looks really great! I hope you will tell us some more about your project and will keep us posted as you progress.
mrg wrote:[Feb 2014]
My 62 spyder will be about 75% original. In my opinion, If you want to drive this car at all it must be made as safe as possible. I'm putting in Chrysler Seabring seats with built in seat belts, front disk brakes and collapsible steering shaft to mention few safety features. As to customizing it, I'm adding true spoke 15" wheels with red line tires, some chrome here and there to make it a bit flashy and awesome candy apple red exterior with white seats and white convertible top. Thus far it looks fantastic...

[Nov 2013]
My name is Slavko Grguric, I was born in Croatia and I migrated to Canada when I was 15 years old. Now I spend my time between Canada and the US (Florida to be exact) because I love US for more than one reason. My first car ever was 1963 Monza 4 door sedan and that is why I'm spending 60k or more restoring 1962 Spyder...

[Nov 2013]
...Two years a go I bought a 1962 Spyder Convertible that looked fairly good. I thought that after a bit of TLC I will have a nice car to drive around Florida during winter time with a top down picking up chics. How little did I know. That car was a piece of junk. 2 years and many thousands of $$$$ it is still on the rolling wheels just about ready to be painted. Unless you have lots of money that you will never recover, huge passion for the car, that special car that you always wanted, (because it is special) 2 years minimum to rebuild it, endless arguments with guys working on it, parts suppliers that send you wrong parts and so on and on, stay away from getting one. The other alternative is that you buy one already rebuilt and road wordy and safe from Corvair Ranch or some other re-builder for a set price. At least you will have a car that you can drive immediately unless you can find one someplace else in a similar condition. Look for one that comes out of desert states which will minimize rust issues.

But, when my Spyder finally hits the road (maybe before the end of this year) all will be forgotten. Everyone will be drooling over it. Candy apple red with white interior and white top, power top, power tinted windows, AC, center consul, built in seat belts, navigation system, cruise control, disc brakes, real 16" wire wheels with red line radial tires, superior sound system, power seats, totally rebuilt turbo engine, power steering, collapsible tilt steering column and many more things that may be added on as we go.
So my friend $60,000 - 70,000 later I will be happy with my project.

Now, you tell me if I'm a "complete nut" or am I not a "complete nut". Caution! "One shall not judge unless one wants to be judged. I'll make sure I post some pix of it as soon as it is complete.

Good luck!

MRG-062 (my tag)
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (1).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (2).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (3).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (4).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (5).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (6).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (7).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (8).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (9).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (10).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (11).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (12).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (13).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (14).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (15).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (16).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (17).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (18).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (19).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (20).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (21).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (22).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (23).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (24).jpg
1962 Corvair Spyder PIX (25).jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

If you are not familiar with posting pictures on the Corvair Forum, here are some guidelines. I wrote these instructions a while ago to try to help new members of the Corvair Forum with posting pictures. There are two methods. Hopefully these guidelines will help you...

To be able to post pictures, always use POST REPLY — not QUICK REPLY — to open the full-featured editor.

There are basically two ways to post a digital photograph on the Corvair Forum. The first, illustrated below, involves inserting an image URL address between two Img markers. The URL image address is copied from an existing picture on the Internet. The source image can be another picture already on display within the Corvair Forum, or it can be just about any picture, artwork, or graphic image that is publicly viewable by anyone on the Internet. You simply need to copy the source image URL temporarily to the computer "clipboard", and the paste that URL address within the text you are writing on the Corvair Forum (between the two Img markers). Once you have posted your text, the Corvair Forum software will simply grab the image from the source URL and will display it embedded within your text (at the location where you embedded the Img markers and source URL).

For example, I am embedding the First Place Image and Avatar Image images to the left of this post within the text here by copying their URL addresses between two Img markers.

Here is what the above text looks like unsaved...
For example, I am embedding the First Place [img.]images/ranks/COTBLACKPLATE.png[/img] and Avatar [img.]download/file.php?avatar=2689_1344285003.jpg[/img] images to the left of this post within the text here by copying their URL addresses between two Img markers.
Maybe this illustration will help...

You can manually copy images and pictures from other Corvair Forum posts that were embedded as uploads by right-clicking each image in the source with your right mouse button and selecting Copy image URL from the menu choices. Doing so will invisibly copy the image URL address to the computer temporary data buffer called a clipboard. Using the Img button at the top of the editor screen, and the standard PC copy and paste technique will allow you to paste that URL address data from the clipboard into your Corvair Forum text (surrounded by bracketed img markers), which will display as the original picture or image when the post has been saved for display. It illustration below depicts the process.

Click on image to enlarge for better viewing...
Corvair Forum Image Transfer.jpg
NOTE: This same technique will allow you to copy just about any graphic, photo, or other displayed image from any public website, Facebook, or other website that is not secured and is publically viewable by right-clicking the desired image, obtaining the image URL, and then pasting the URL with Img markers into your Corvair Forum text.

==========================================================================

The other method of embedding pictures involves uploading the images that you have physically stored on your computer. Simply scroll down in the editor and click on the Upload attachment tab >> Choose File >> Add the file. You can upload many pictures, but you have to add them one at a time. The Corvair Forum operating system does not allow for batch uploads of multiple files.

Either way, the pictures you upload will not be visible as photographs until you click on Preview or Submit.
Brad Bodie
mrg

Post by mrg »

Thanks Dude! the car is almost finished.I will (or you) post pix and videos as soon as it is done. since I have you here, I'm still looking for AC evaporator and a blower for this car.

thanks

Slavko
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Slavko wrote:...I'm still looking for AC evaporator and a blower for this car...
Have you checked with the Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania? They have a large inventory of used Corvair parts and may have what you are looking for.

:link: http://www.corvairranch.com/

1079 Bon-Ox Road, ​Gettysburg, ​PA. 17325 USA
​Phone: (717) 624-2805
Fax us by the same number... ask us to hook up the machine
​Email: corvairranch@embarqmail.com
Our hours are Monday thru Friday 9 to 5, Saturday 9 to 12
or contact us for an appointment.
Brad Bodie

Return to “Corvair Talk”