Who saw Lords of the Car Hordes tonight?

Anything Corvair related
Nickshu

Who saw Lords of the Car Hordes tonight?

Post by Nickshu »

I thought they were very negative about Corvairs . I also thought the 140 Convertible was worth more than they claimed. Otherwise typical lame car show stuff, made up drama between characters, etc. Thoughts?
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: Who saw Lords of the Car Hordes tonight?

Post by Scott H »

I'll do a write up about it after all my thoughts settle. I was there for all the filming at Kregg's house. The show made up allot of stuff that didn't happen.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

Like we all drive vagina cars? Lol!
I thought they were over the top with Corvair bashing. Clearly they did no fact checking... I laughed out loud when they said "Nader killed the Corvair" ... Anyone with Google access could find out the truth but obviously the writers for the show didn't bother.

Also who is Rick Dore? They made him out to be some sort of celebrity but I've never heard of him.

Also there was a pretty nice looking white EM convertible body in the front of the back yard bug never mentioned..
Last edited by Nickshu on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

My wife wasn't too happy to hear that comment either. They call them vagina cars then say they are worthless. My wife said what's that say about women?
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

I like my vagina car! lol
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

I had never heard of him either.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

I like vaginas. I guess the hosts don't.

My wife just laughed.
Nick
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

I guess I should rename the site to "VaginaForum" :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Sorry but I could only bear it for 12 minutes :my02:

Typical of the garbage that is on television these days !
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

I had to grin every time that dude said "I'm Rick Dore!"......and then he said something about corvairs appealing to housewives.......yeah, whatever dude.

I'm sure glad Kregg didn't have to cut loose with the orange Weber LM parked out front!!
Vintagetinman

Post by Vintagetinman »

Well I watched the first episode ...

Not interested in watching another one.
classicchevyowner7

Post by classicchevyowner7 »

Was not interested. The Corvair insults just kept flowing. Won't be watching it again. And who is Rick Dore?! Never heard of him before until last night. He acted like he was too good to work on the Greenbriar...

-Allen
- Allen
DAVECS1

Post by DAVECS1 »

I did not watch the show, but it sounds par for the course as far as your average car know it all of the current day. Everything they touch makes a million horse power and is a priceless one of one. They trip on their ego going out the front door and have to stand really close to the porcelain to pee.

There are a lot of guys the I mingle with that don't understand the corvair. They complain about the power, the packaging, and the different handling. What they are to short sited to wrap their heads around, is the engineering before its time. The styling. Working on something Chevy that is not 8 slugs in a V. A car built 50 plus years ago that has the bones to hang with some good sports cars of today, as a complete package.

Guys that discount the corvair are most usually scared of the complete difference it has from the norm. They are the same guys that would shoot first and ask questions later about things they do not understand.

To me this is a chance to understand and piece back together a great piece of American know how.
1964 Monza Convertible
110 4 Speed
Skrain

Post by Skrain »

Wow, this sounds like it should make me happy that I haven't had television reception for about 10 years, :rolling:
1964 Monza Spyder Turbo Convertible.
1949 Ford 8N Tractor
2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4X4 Pickup
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

DAVECS1 wrote:I did not watch the show, but it sounds par for the course as far as your average car know it all of the current day. Everything they touch makes a million horse power and is a priceless one of one. They trip on their ego going out the front door and have to stand really close to the porcelain to pee.

There are a lot of guys the I mingle with that don't understand the corvair. They complain about the power, the packaging, and the different handling. What they are to short sited to wrap their heads around, is the engineering before its time. The styling. Working on something Chevy that is not 8 slugs in a V. A car built 50 plus years ago that has the bones to hang with some good sports cars of today, as a complete package.

Guys that discount the corvair are most usually scared of the complete difference it has from the norm. They are the same guys that would shoot first and ask questions later about things they do not understand.

To me this is a chance to understand and piece back together a great piece of American know how.
Great comments and right on the mark.

My favorite Rick Dore comment was "Some people like to do sketches or make plans, me, I just start cutting". Now there's a recipe for success...did you see the final chopped top van? The guy could barely sit in it w/o hitting his head because they forgot to lower the seats. :rolling:
Last edited by Nickshu on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nick
corvairmike

Post by corvairmike »

All the Corvair bashing and ignorance was pissing me off. I hope the Lakewoods didn't get scrapped.

Return to “Corvair Talk”