What is the age range of Corvair Fans? (POLL)

Anything Corvair related

What age bracket do you fit into?

16-25
9%
26-35
10%
36-45
15%
46-55
25%
56-65
24%
66-75
15%
76+
3%
Mind yer own BeezWax!
0%

Total votes: 702

Tim_D

Re: What is the age range of Corvair Fans? (POLL)

Post by Tim_D »

50 and first Corvair, but have owned a few GM classics previously (and have a '62 Skylark currently).

Mine's a '65 Monza coupe, and I simply fell in love with the looks (and the buy-in price!). Can't wait to get going on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Regards
-TD
northernsurvival

Post by northernsurvival »

I'm 17 and working on restoring a 67 monza with my old man!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

northernsurvival wrote:Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:34 am

I'm 17 and working on restoring a 67 monza with my old man!
In 1969 I spent my high school summer vacation learning to overhaul and rebuild my first Corvair engine, and later my first Powerglide automatic transmission. I was 16 and my father purchased a sick 1963 Corvair coupe for me to learn on. He provided the tools, garage, and funding for parts and machine shop work. I learned a lot... be sure to follow the guidance in the shop manual. Bag and tag all of the parts so they don't get lost. Take your time and ask questions here on the Corvair Forum if you run into problems.

Good luck with your project car!

:woo: :tu: :tu: :tu:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
danmulligan

Post by danmulligan »

WE have a great group of youngsters under 30 here at the North Texas chapter with a 15 year old girl getting an early ready for her sweet 16. She's a superstar and I think they have 4-5 vairs in the family. After hitting 60 this year and having vette's and others, have fallen for the corvair. The Corvair guys are the most down to earth, passionate and sincere group and I am so proud to be part of the club. Get back to turning the wrench with the kids, reminds me of the 60's. Thanks for the survey, and the perfect car to start the young people into the hobby.
Dan Mulligan
1965 Corsa Convertable
Member CORSA/North Texas Corvair Assoc
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

danmulligan wrote:WE have a great group of youngsters under 30 here at the North Texas chapter with a 15 year old girl getting an early ready for her sweet 16. She's a superstar and I think they have 4-5 vairs in the family. After hitting 60 this year and having vette's and others, have fallen for the corvair. The Corvair guys are the most down to earth, passionate and sincere group and I am so proud to be part of the club. Get back to turning the wrench with the kids, reminds me of the 60's. Thanks for the survey, and the perfect car to start the young people into the hobby.
:clap: :not worthy: :wave: :welcome2: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

If you can, please post pictures of the 15 year old girl with her project car, and with the other family Corvairs!!! :woo:

Dad and Brad (Me, Age 12) at Edwards AFB Air Show in 1965 with our new 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible (140HP, 4-Speed Manual transmission)

Congratulations to Kaylee and her father on their Corvair of the Month (March 2014) win!
Kaylee Drives her Classic (2).jpg
Brad Bodie
Blair

Post by Blair »

My 1964 monza project. Started 2 days ago and made some progress already. Tuned the carbs and got it running better. It was sitting for 30+ years on a farm. I need to get it running good then get to body work
Attachments
IMG_0258.JPG
playerpage
Location: From Delta Junction, AK to Provo, UT to Los Angeles, CA, to Sunbury, PA, now Porterville, CA

Post by playerpage »

I'm still in the 36 to 45 bracket, and just got back in. Put a Down Payment on a little piece of soon-to-be-something.
Then:
1967 Monza 140 Red
1966 500 110 Black
1965 Monza 110 Yellow

Now:
1966 Corsa 180 Turbo Rust Project

"Chevrolet's Corvair was a maverick machine, a rear-engined renegade born out of spite and genius." - Sports Car Graphic, August 1969
jeremy cox

Post by jeremy cox »

I am 43 and been dabbling with Corvairs since I was 16 because they are like me...different yet cool! Lol

Sent from my [device_name] using Corvair Forum mobile app

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

My current 1966 Corsa convertible is the tenth Corvair in my life. (My first was a brand new 1961 Monza coupe that my parents purchased in San Jose, California when I was about 8 years old).

:confused: I was watching the Winter Olympics last night and, in a senior moment, I thought that it seemed strange for the Olympics being held in South Korea again so soon. After all, it seemed like only recently I was stationed at Osan Air Base in South Korea during the Summer Olympics in Seoul. Then I realized... that was in 1988 — 30 YEARS AGO! And I was in Taegu, South Korea just a short time before that (1976-77). 41 years ago!
:whoa:
At the end of this year I will enter the 66-75 age bracket on the Corvair Forum. Is it a bad thing when your current age matches or exceeds your Corvair's model year?? At least the Corvairs remain fresh and don't seem to be aging, even if I am. Time flies when you're havin' fun!
:oldtimer:
Brad Bodie
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

Most of my Corvairs are older than I am.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
fred bagnall

Post by fred bagnall »

:tu: :tu: When I was born the 4th.model year was about to be released in a few months. Maybe that is why I have always gravitated towards these automobiles. We both come from the same era.
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

I'm a '67.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
Bruins_Fan
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Bruins_Fan »

I only missed '69 by a couple weeks, arriving in the next decade, lol.
'66 Monza Convertible 110hp Powerglide
Kent1915

Post by Kent1915 »

I was born in 72, my dad bought my corvair in 69 (it is a 68). I've been with it ever since.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7104F using Tapatalk

TXbarney

Post by TXbarney »

Just cast my vote and appear to be in the crusty old minority.
We purchased a NEW Monza coupe in 1960.....drove it until our family outgrew the Corvair and it was traded for a new '64 Malibu SS.
from '64 until '68 I was Corvair-less. Then things went down hill. I have owned over 30, every body style but a station wagon.
Today my only Corvair is a 1965 Corsa convertible I purchased in 1968...it was traded in on a new Impala. Saw it on Sunday and purchased it on Monday. Still have it today with less than 60K miles. I was very active in CORSA from the early '70's until the late '90's when I got involved with Buicks. I attended lots of national CORSA conventions, often with a vendor spot selling custom car covers. I helped co-found the Lone Star Corvair Chapter in Austin TX... now involved is helping Corvair widows dispose of their husbands Corvair stuff.
drewvair

Post by drewvair »

Attended the "Corvair College" in Oregon last week and the age range was definitely skewed towards the 70+ group for sure. I'm 44 and there may have been three other guys there my age or below. That said, the ol'e boys sure know their stuff!
1965 Corsa Turbo
Portland, OR

Return to “Corvair Talk”