Roger Parent's Throttle Linkage is closing down

Anything Corvair related
rlp11

Roger Parent's Throttle Linkage is closing down

Post by rlp11 »

Hi All

I am now 76 and my physical health has been going down hill faster and faster the last few years. And with that I can no longer do the work I use to. My orders have been slipping further behind.

So as of June 1 2024, I will no longer be taking orders for my Full Bearing Throttle linkage or any other parts that I make. Yep, I am closing down. Its ha been a fun 15-year run. Met a lot of great people and been to some great events.

I will still be around and answer any questions. And I will continue to support my products until I can’t type. Biggest thing is someone buys a Corvair with my linkage and does get instructions with the car.

I have lots of NOS parts and tons of used parts that I will be putting up for sale on the Forum. Most of the NOS parts I have had for over 20 years. I also have two 1964 Corvair’s to sell and one has my six-carb motor in it. More on this later.

Thank you for the wonder support over the last 15 years.
Roger Parent

64 Monza Driver
64 Monza Project
66vairguy

Re: Roger Parent's Throttle Linkage is closing down

Post by 66vairguy »

Sorry to hear that, but I understand as I'm in the same situation. This summer I'll be selling off spare parts and making plans to move on to less physically demanding hobbies.

As I tell the youngsters, DON'T GET OLD!
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Roger, you should sell your business to someone so your products live on? Your clutch cables are the best thing going as well as all your other products, maybe CA vairs or Clarks will buy out your business?
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

I have many of your products on my car, my dad's car and many friends of mine with Corvairs also use your stuff. You make great products. I hope you can look into selling off the business so someone else can carry it on.
Happy Retirement to you and much respect. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Just me, but I attribute the success of Roger's products to ROGER. Attention to detail and great customer support.

It is difficult to find a buyer who has the abilities, and time, to make labor intensive products. The other issue is when a company is bought the purchase cost must be recouped by raising the price of the product.

I wish Roger much luck, but I understand why he might not want to deal with the aggravation of selling his business. He can continue to support existing product, maybe make a few simpler items if there is demand.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: :goodpost: :tu: :tu: :tu: :goodpost: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbsupwink:

I'm glad I'm only 71. At least I have a little time left before age forces my retirement! :not worthy:
:confused: :oldtimer:

Seriously, though... I hope you will at least make a few inquires with established Corvair-related companies like Clark's Corvair Parts. You have spent many years establishing your reputation for producing a high quality series of Corvair products that are unique, badly needed and in-demand. Companies like Clark's Corvair Parts certainly know "the business" and are aware of the effort and pitfalls associated with going into production. If you have any doubt take a look at the video Cal Clark produced that reveals the effort and investment they had to make to produce the upholstery production division of their company! If Clark's Corvair Parts is willing to consider your offer, let them at least have the chance to consider that possibility!

Clark's Corvair Parts - Upholstery Tour

Published on Jan 21, 2013
Tour Clarks Corvair Parts Upholstery shop and see how upholstery, carpeting, door panels, top boots &
gaskets are produced.

:doh: :pray: Wouldn't the possibility of your great and unique products continuing to be produced in support of the Corvair community be worth the effort of contacting Clark's Corvair Parts? If they decline the offer, at least you tried! But if it turns out they have the time, experience and resources to take it on, your excellent products will continue in support of the Corvair community and perhaps the market will even expand! You have developed and refined your products over the years. I hope you will give your legacy a possibility of continuing on following your personal retirement from the market!!

In any case, I want to thank you for producing those high-quality and often appreciated Corvair components for these many years. :not worthy: :clap: :clap:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
rlp11

Post by rlp11 »

To All

Had lots of questions will some one take over? I do not think any one will want to take over as I only make about 20% profit on each sale. Just enough to keeps the light on, replace used up raw material and the most important Beer. Remember this was a HOBBY to keep me busy after I retired. It did till it got so big and I got so old. That took 15 years. I will continue to make things and offer them up on the Forum now and then.
Roger Parent

64 Monza Driver
64 Monza Project

Return to “Corvair Talk”