We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HERE

Anything Corvair related
Frank DuVal

Re: We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HER

Post by Frank DuVal »

It's true that, when the software conversion took place, folks had to sign-in with a username and password just to see the posts on the Corvair Center Forum. But that was quickly fixed by Alec. Everybody and anybody can now view all the posts without logging in.

UM, no. Please get the facts right. Guests could read the posts when the conversion first took place. Then there was a Resources Limited problem due to something that OTHER forums I am on did not have, even those using the same software as CCF. So instead of fixing the issue of limited resources, CCF was closed to guests. It was TWO MONTHS, wait, from September 19 to Tue Jan 09, 2024 is 3 and a half months!!!!, not "quickly" that guest access was not allowed.

And during that time, Andria was not allowed to see all the excellent posts she had done over the years. Sure, let her help build CCF into the forum it became then close her out of even reading it. Nice.... :banghead:

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
KenHenry

Re: We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HER

Post by KenHenry »

Spectre wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:16 pm I’ve noticed new posts at the CCF have dropped dramatically. As much as I have supported CORSA in the past, they remind me of big government or a giant megacorp after a merger. The customers and often employees get screwed.
I think the sad thing is, the board is a small group of nice people who appreciate and promote the Corvair, receiving little or nothing in return. Nonetheless, the transfer killed CCF, the two biggest blows being no public viewing for several months and banning/demoting some of our most knowledgeable contributors for pushing back. Just my 2 cents… Ken
1965 Corvair Corsa coupe
Rochester, NY USA
MtnVairMike

Post by MtnVairMike »

KenHenry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:49 am
Spectre wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:16 pm I’ve noticed new posts at the CCF have dropped dramatically. As much as I have supported CORSA in the past, they remind me of big government or a giant megacorp after a merger. The customers and often employees get screwed.
I think the sad thing is, the board is a small group of nice people who appreciate and promote the Corvair, receiving little or nothing in return. Nonetheless, the transfer killed CCF, the two biggest blows being no public viewing for several months and banning/demoting some of our most knowledgeable contributors for pushing back. Just my 2 cents… Ken
Agreed on the nice group of people, however, it appears that they have chosen to support letting one person drive the CCF Greenbrier off the forum cliff.....
1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White
1969 Monza Convertible, 110HP-PG, Frost Green, #3753
American Mel

Post by American Mel »

MtnVairMike wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:06 am
KenHenry wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:49 am
Agreed on the nice group of people, however, it appears that they have chosen to support letting one person drive the CCF Greenbrier off the forum cliff.....

:rolling:
"...........they remind me of big government or a giant megacorp after a merger. The customers and often employees get screwed." - Spectre

I was thinking the very same thing this morning as I contemplated the day before me. A hostile take-over where a group comes in thinking they can improve and modernize an already successful product by making changes that NO ONE wants. Changes made by people who have never used the product in a value adding way, suddenly believe that since they now hold the reins, they can tell the consumers what is best for them.
This would be like me, a person with a nerve disorder that does not allow me to enjoy outdoor winter sports, trying to tell a professional Snowboarder that he can win the Olympics, if he makes a purely stylistic change to his board, just because I think it would look cool with a Chin Spoiler on it!

"......the board is a small group of nice people who appreciate and promote the Corvair,......." "........and banning/demoting some of our most knowledgeable contributors for pushing back." - KenHenry

Nice people, who retaliate for speaking TRUTH??? :dontknow: To be fair, there are a small handful of the B.o.D. who are decent fair leaders, but they are over-ruled by inept egomaniacs who refuse to admit they have made some SERIOUS mistakes.

"it appears that they have chosen to support letting one person drive the CCF Greenbrier off the forum cliff....." :fc front:
Unfortunately, looking at the minutes from the Board meetings, it becomes obvious that not everyone supported that one Authoritarian driving the Greenbrier off the cliff, but those non-supportive board members were relegated to the backseat, where they were not able to reach the wheel and give it a quick turn. Sadly, they had to sit there in the back and watch their cohorts intentionally commit forum suicide. :doh:

As B.o.D. elections approach, please take a few moments to read the minutes of Directors Meetings, and vote out those members who have refused to reinstate Andria Raines, and behaved in other unseemly ways.
Currently own: '66Monza Coupe, '67Monza Vert, '67A/C Monza Sport Sedan
Have owned: '61Monza Coupe, '62Monza Wagon, '63Spyder, '65 Corsa
Loc: WA, One mile south of Canadian border.
flamingchariots

Post by flamingchariots »

As B.o.D. elections approach, please take a few moments to read the minutes of Directors Meetings, and vote out those members who have refused to reinstate Andria Raines, and behaved in other unseemly ways.

And who ARE those members who voted that way? I have been trying to find out without success.
I don't want to inadvertently vote for one of them by mistake!
:angry:

Kevin
Medina, Ohio
MtnVairMike

Post by MtnVairMike »

Great question...would be nice to have a list of BofD members who supported our suggestions to CCF.
Otherwise only other choice is vote out all incumbents.

Thanks,
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

All of these "which candidate do I vote for" questions will be answered vairy soon.
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I'm doing what I didn't want to do, checking both forums every day. I had a question in one thread and was looking for a part in another thread and wanted to reach the broadest possible audience.
In the 90s I stuck with a motorcycle club on principle and loyalty but after a while I came to realize all my friends were over there so I went over there too. It sort of feels like that.
I don't know Andria from Eve but she did send me a nice and helpful PM one time so she's okay in my book.
There was a Vargas on Seinfeld in Bizzaro World, I think he was a Kramer parallel.
I like it just fine here and I'll try not to start any trouble.
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

We like having you here too, Jim.

Now, if we could get John Sweet to join up so we could see his deals, it would be great.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
MtnVairMike

Post by MtnVairMike »

Lane66Monza wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:34 pm We like having you here too, Jim.

Now, if we could get John Sweet to join up so we could see his deals, it would be great.
Agreed Al!
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

Has anyone invited him?
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

Perhaps this is one of the serious issues of which you speak.
Starting yesterday I'm unable to log in "over there". I've contacted Alec who was helpful before and is trying to help again. It's something to do with cookie changes. I don't have much patience with computer stuff because I know very little and feel like an idiot.
Maybe the whole thing just doesn't like my 12 year old Windows 7. Lord knows I get plenty of threats about my obsolescence.
I was going back there to follow up on some loose ends which are actually resolved so maybe I should just be happy and settle in here.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hello Jim,

I believe the solution is to clear the cookies off your computer and try again.

But how? Answer: Clear your browser history and that should do it.

Al Lacki
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Well most of the brain trust and the people who built the CCF are gone from that site since the Corsa hostile take over. Most are here now and a lot don't even post any more (Sad) The Corsa BoD seems to only care about themselves and not what the Corvair family wants!

Sad way to do business and Corsa's dwindling membership base sure reflects the BoD's bad decisions! Again Sad! :td:
MtnVairMike

Post by MtnVairMike »

I reluctantly renewed my CORSA membership this week so I could keep getting the informative Communique magazine and support our local club/chapter with membership. Now for visiting CCF....that for me has dropped way off.
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

And you will be able to vote out the dictators!
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX

Return to “Corvair Talk”