Clark’s AM/FM

Anything Corvair related
plrgpr

Clark’s AM/FM

Post by plrgpr »

Just installed Clark’s AM/FM with Bluetooth (C12820) in my 66. I can make and receive phone calls with my iPhone through the new radio, however, I can’t stream iHeartRadio from my phone through the radio via Bluetooth or the USB. Anyone have this radio and know how to get it to stream?
Gary Roberson
66 Vert 140 4-sp Corsa “clone”
TimeMachineParadox

Re: Clark’s AM/FM

Post by TimeMachineParadox »

Is it possible that this is a Phone-Side issue? I know with Android phones you can select if the connected device will be used for phone, media, or both. I don't use iphones, so I'm not very familiar with them, but it'd be worth checking if that's your issue.

At the risk of insulting your familiarity with the phone, what also comes to mind is that possibly you don't have the radio selected as the audio device in the app you're using. I dug up an old iPhone to get some pictures of what I'd think the selection button would look like in the iHeartRadio app.

I'd look up the radio's manual to try to help more, but it's definitely not online.
1594092432089_1594092413850_1594092399617_IMG_4067__01__01.jpeg
IMG_4068__01__01.jpeg
~Nick
Louisville, Kentucky, US

64 Greenbrier
plrgpr

Post by plrgpr »

Thanks Timemachine. I finally had to call Retrosound, the manufacturer of the radio. They guided me to the fix. It was a simple setting in one of the menus in the radio!
Gary Roberson
66 Vert 140 4-sp Corsa “clone”
erco

Post by erco »

That's a nice retro style radio, plrgpr!

I just put a BT radio headset in my 67 and I committed the Cardinal sin of cutting out the two knob supports. That dash steel was thick and tough to cut with a nibbling tool!

It's amazing to have Bluetooth control in an old car like this. Handfree phone, Siri access from a radio button, and remote control of the whole radio/MP3 via smartphone from 15' away from the car!
Attachments
IMG_1017.JPG

Return to “Corvair Talk”