So let's talk about the current state of Corvair prices.

Anything Corvair related
lostboy

Re: So let's talk about the current state of Corvair prices.

Post by lostboy »

Thomas Pedigo wrote:
lostboy wrote: but the rampsides are worth the most out of all the flavors.
Actually... NADA shows the Loadside as the highest value FC. More than all other models.
True, rarest of the rare. Nothing a welder and some leading can't fix on a rampside. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Thomas Pedigo wrote:
lostboy wrote:
Thomas Pedigo wrote:
Actually... NADA shows the Loadside as the highest value FC. More than all other models.
True, rarest of the rare. Nothing a welder and some leading can't fix on a rampside. ;)

I attribute the high retail of $43,600 for Loadsides,scued by the $70k auction sale of the Corphibian.
Never found out what the Corphibian went for in that auction. Thanks for telling us.
1964 Monza convertible 110/PG
joe moore

Post by joe moore »

JUST HAD TO PUT MY 2 CENTS IN ON THE RAMP OR LOAD SIDE TRUCKS!!!!!! EVEN THOUGH NADA HAS A HIGHER VALUE ON THE LOAD!!!!! EVERYONE ON THESE FORUMS WANTS A RAMP NOT A LOAD????? I WOULD NEVER EXCHANGE MY RAMP FOR A LOAD!!!!! JOE

Sent from my IdeaTabS2109A-F using Corvair Forum mobile app
1962 rampside #3957
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

Caps Lock Joe, Caps Lock. :-P

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
gnrand

Post by gnrand »

I thought this link would add to this discussion.
Jeff
http://petrolicious.com/why-the-chevrol ... ollectable
1965 140 Corsa
1968 140 Monza convertible 4 speed
1965 Corsa Convertible
1966 Crown V8 383 435hp
1986 Buick GN V6 600hp
joe moore

Post by joe moore »

FOR YOUR INFORMATION I SPELL IN CAPS BECAUSE I HAVE A HARD TIME SEEING THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! YOU TWO GUYS NEED TO LET THE ATTITUDE GO!!!!! OR YOU MIGHT TRY THE OTHER FOURM WHERE YOU CAN BE AS NASTY AS THY ARE!!!! JOE

1962 rampside #3957
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

What attitude Joe? I was joking around, hence the :-P smilie behind what I said.

As a matter of fact, I don't patronize the other forum because the people over there are too salty and the format sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
lostboy

So let's talk about the current state of Corvair prices.

Post by lostboy »

joe moore wrote:JUST HAD TO PUT MY 2 CENTS IN ON THE RAMP OR LOAD SIDE TRUCKS!!!!!! EVEN THOUGH NADA HAS A HIGHER VALUE ON THE LOAD!!!!! EVERYONE ON THESE FORUMS WANTS A RAMP NOT A LOAD????? I WOULD NEVER EXCHANGE MY RAMP FOR A LOAD!!!!! JOE

I agree Joe. I was actually waiting for someone to comment that. There is no point to have a load side with the way the FC was laid out. The ramp gives way better access to the bed. That's probably why they're so rare, and unfortunately why they're worth the most. Sometimes the things most collectible are the worst design and therefore shortest lived.

-Steve
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

I had 62 Loadside for a while. rarest of rare...sold it for 6k+ back in 1989. Selling a Loadside is much more difficult than selling a Rampside as everyone loves the ramp. I would doubt that Loadsides are significantly higher value than Rampsides. I think the guesses are put out there by people who really do not know the cars (or trucks in this instance) and they post a higher value based on scarcity not knowing their lesser desirability.

Hey come on a Loadside with a level floor kit is very useful....LOL think of the wasted space under the bed!! Actually a ramp with a level floor and locks on the side ramp could be pretty interesting...flat floor and large under bed secured storage:)
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
joe moore

Post by joe moore »

I WOULDN'T MIND ADDING A LOADSIDE TO THE COLLECTION!!! BUT ONLY IF IT WAS A CALIFORNIA TRUCK I HAD ENOUGH OF A TIME WITH PAINT AND BODY WITH MY RAMP.IT WILL BE FOUR LONG YEARS GETTING IT READY FOR THE STREET. LOL JOE

1962 rampside #3957
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

terribleted wrote:I had 62 Loadside for a while. rarest of rare...sold it for 6k+ back in 1989. Selling a Loadside is much more difficult than selling a Rampside as everyone loves the ramp. I would doubt that Loadsides are significantly higher value than Rampsides. I think the guesses are put out there by people who really do not know the cars (or trucks in this instance) and they post a higher value based on scarcity not knowing their lesser desirability.

Hey come on a Loadside with a level floor kit is very useful....LOL think of the wasted space under the bed!! Actually a ramp with a level floor and locks on the side ramp could be pretty interesting...flat floor and large under bed secured storage:)
Isn't that how some of the later vws are setup? The Lee the spare tire and some other stuff under the bed I think. Kind of a cool idea.

-Steve
LBC TITAN

Post by LBC TITAN »

66vairguy wrote:Joe64vair - So your bragging about taking advantage of someone --- shame on you.
Good one, you said exactly what I was thinking.
Charles
Long Beach, CA
1966 Monza
Turbo 180
Hurst 4spd
Kilroy

Post by Kilroy »

I've just found a garaged 1962 corvair monza coupe one owner 67,000 miles Pulled in open carport 12 yrs ago covered with car cover and hasn't been cranked since motor turns over no rust interior is perfect just needs carpet other than that interior is great body no rust no dents few dings dirty what would be good price for me and owner to purchase this car if anyone has info call me or post 706-296-5755 I have a few VWs one Ghia one beetle found this car and fell in love I want it and can buy it but don't know value of it help please thanks in advance for your help Dk
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

Well i'll be!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just depends what you think it's worth to you. You really give it a good inspection, under the carpet & under the car. Are the floors really rust free? Make a low offer, you can always go up. :my02:
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (2.77 KiB) Viewed 579 times
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
Canavair

Post by Canavair »

[quote="Joes64vair"]I recently had the opportunity to get a corvair, 64 monza.
The gentleman that owned it is now very old and his daughter is moving him to a care facility and selling his house

Have you brought it by to the guy who is now at the care facility - probably make his day.
County98

Post by County98 »

I certainly see values increasing. Jay Leno buying a red Corsa and then a Stinger helped by getting some good PR out there. Lots of recent articles on "the last affordable classic car" type articles too.

Both good and bad. Bad if you want $300 cars and parts for $1, good for resales of nice examples and maybe getting some more parts through big suppliers (summit, jegs, etc).

I honesty think there's a gap that needs to close a little. I paid $1800 for my desert Corsa with a spare motor. Completely shot, but almost entirely rust free. Couple G's into it already. Then I'll see a nice running car with good paint for $3000.

I'll probably have $5000-$6000 in mine before I can get it running and driving. Without paint..

Goes back to what someone is willing to pay. I looked at really bad cars for cheap, but bought the one I wanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Corvair Forum mobile app
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079

Return to “Corvair Talk”