Another stupid NG question...

All Models and Years
65Coupe

Another stupid NG question...

Post by 65Coupe »

I'm working on dressing up the interior of my 500 and found a nice glove box surround, Monza/Corsa style, and was wondering if I can use my stock glove box door with these surrounds. I thought I read somewhere in another post that the glove box door/surround was different if it came off of a Corsa. Don't know if that's true, but thought I would throw it out to the experts. Thanks for the help.
terribleted

Re: Another stupid NG question...

Post by terribleted »

Corsa, Monza, and 500 glovebox doors are indeed different. The 500 is smooth and painted, has no emblem mounting holes in it. The Monza is just like the 500 door except it is texture-coated either silver or black depending on year and has mounting holes in the upper right to accept the monza cross emblem. The Corsa door is like the Monza door but always black and has different holes in the upper right to accept the Corsa script. You could wrinkle finish your 500 door to match the Corsa surround and it would look fine.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
65Coupe

Post by 65Coupe »

I really appreciate the quick and detailed reply. You guys on this forum are terrific. Thanks again.
mlevair

Post by mlevair »

The 500 glove box door is bigger the the monza or corsa so it wont fit in the surround you will have to use the corisponding door.
Michael LeVeque
LeVair Performance & Restoration
Anderson,IN
765-617-9307
Goop Of Oil
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Goop Of Oil »

mlevair wrote:The 500 glove box door is bigger the the monza or corsa so it wont fit in the surround you will have to use the corisponding door.
Did you mean to say "corsasponding door" ? :wave: :think:
-------- Mark Holmlund --------

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”