Rear LM folding seat parts question

All Models and Years
DakotaVair

Rear LM folding seat parts question

Post by DakotaVair »

Hello, Im new here so while you may not consider upholstery questions as mechanical questions, I hope this flys here..
I have a non folding rear seat in my 66 500 4-door and was wondering if it can be made to fold with the proper used hardware or was the inside seat frame different? I see the folding seats have that border line trim on them as well. I havent looked but it looks as though the car body needs special fittings to place the hinge unit as well??
Any help here is well appreciated! Thank you!

P.S. I am also looking for a good rear seat bottom while the stick back is just fine.. The mice rotted mine out if you know what I mean..
Ches Cain
Sioux Falls, SD

66 Corvair 500 Sedan
57 Studebaker Hawk
83 AMC Eagle
11 Volvo C30
DakotaVair

Re: Rear LM folding seat parts question

Post by DakotaVair »

Strange.. When you first come to this forum from the Board Index I see "Technical Stuff" but the forum lists within do not appear. When you click on the tags above is when one first sees that there is indeed a interior message section.. Am I looking at this wrong??
Is there a moderator who can move this topic to the interior area?
Thanks!
Ches Cain
Sioux Falls, SD

66 Corvair 500 Sedan
57 Studebaker Hawk
83 AMC Eagle
11 Volvo C30
VairLess

Post by VairLess »

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to do it......there are 6 bolts (3 on either side) from what I remember. Someone will chime in to give you a definitive answer I'm sure.

On a side note if you need the hardware I have it all available.......free for the taking as I'm installing Grand Prix rear seats in mine. You just pay shipping.

Cheers
Scott Farnell
Calgary, Alberta
65 Monza (Corsa Clone)
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

I hope this flys here..
Don't worry too much about where you post -- if it is totally out of line someone will fix it .

Not sure if the seatback itself is the same as far as the hinges bolting up but likely it is . There are different part #s listed .

Might be easier to just get a complete folding seatback.

You will need the hinges and also some rubber bumpers and the latches . I think 66 just had spring tension type and later years actually have a release lever .

Scan below from the 1969 P&A
Attachments
scan0001.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
DakotaVair

Post by DakotaVair »

Does anyone know if the coupe rear upper portion was the same size as the coupe? I can see the hardware was different but I found a good upper frame from a late model coupe - just dont know if it would fit in the 4-door configuration. Thanks!
Ches Cain
Sioux Falls, SD

66 Corvair 500 Sedan
57 Studebaker Hawk
83 AMC Eagle
11 Volvo C30
DakotaVair

Post by DakotaVair »

VairLess wrote:I can't see why you wouldn't be able to do it......there are 6 bolts (3 on either side) from what I remember. Someone will chime in to give you a definitive answer I'm sure.

On a side note if you need the hardware I have it all available.......free for the taking as I'm installing Grand Prix rear seats in mine. You just pay shipping.

Cheers

VairLess, If you can box it up and weigh w/ L-W-H it I'll email you a UPS label. Thanks! I think if you have the hinge part for the cardboard strip that would be a 2nd box (long).. Thanks.
Ches Cain
Sioux Falls, SD

66 Corvair 500 Sedan
57 Studebaker Hawk
83 AMC Eagle
11 Volvo C30

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”