I'm thinking of getting one for my 64 Spyder, but I'm not too good mechanically, so I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I spend the money.
Sadly, I'm one of those people that a "Simple, 30 Minute Installation" can turn into an all-day project!
ESPECIALLY if it involves electronics!
1949 Ford 8N Tractor
2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4X4 Pickup
- Corvair of the Month
- Posts: 9468
- Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm
- Location: Lake Chatuge Hayesville, NC
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... IN&page=74
Part number C2851: ELECTRONIC IGNITION-62-69 ONLY*MUST HAVE CORVAIR ENGINE HARNESS OR COIL WITH RESISTOR
Weight: 2 lbs 0 oz
Catalog Pages(s): 74,OT,21
Price: $ 112.70
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... ge=OTTO-21
http://www.summitracing.com/search/?key ... 20700-0226
Distributor Conversion, XR700, 12 V, Kit
XR700 Points-To-Electronic Ignition System
1975 and Earlier Domestic 4/6/8-Cylinder Applications
For VW/Bosch "009" Distributor Applications
12-Volt Negative or Positive Ground
XR700 For Domestic 4-cylinder, 6-cylinder, 8-cylinder
- Crane Cams XR700 Optically Triggered Installation Instructions.pdf
- Crane Cams XR700 Optically Triggered Installation Instructions
- (3.38 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
- Crane Cams XR700 Optically Triggered Installation Catalog Page.pdf
- Crane Cams XR700 Optically Triggered Installation Catalog Page
- (110.12 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
Located in Snellville, Georgia