Any Nor Cal motors for sale ??? Just checking things out.

All Models and Years
Mike J

Any Nor Cal motors for sale ??? Just checking things out.

Post by Mike J »

Hey everybody.

It looks like I might have an issue with my "freshened" up motor now having a rod knock or flywheel noise. I'd really like to just drive the heck out of the car now that it's back on the ground. It's been a year already. Anyway, I lost my job last year and was happy to finally get this thing "mobile" in case we have to move, so I don't really have the time or money to rebuild a motor at this time.

So I'm thinking if someone in the Northern Calif area has a great running 110 or a good running 140 motor that I can toss in the car and drive until I figure out what's going on in my life ... that might be the quick answer to use the car.

This motor now is all 140 components in a 110 case. PO built it. I added new 140 heads & stuff. It has the 8409 crank & nice rods, .60 over forged TRW pistons and a cam. So I really wanted to run this motor. I also have a stock '65 140 motor with 32k original miles? that has been sitting out (inside or under cover) with the carbs off ... so I'm not sure what kind of work it would need to be a runner.

I only have very limited funds, but want to have a fun summer with the car. And I can't tell the wife the motor I just spent a bunch of $$ on isn't running right. ;-)

Any suggestions out there?
Mike J

Re: Any Nor Cal motors for sale ??? Just checking things out

Post by Mike J »

Never mind. My motor is running strong now. A few adjustments and it's a whole new day.
Ira

Post by Ira »

Yeah it's always a fun time when you get to tell the spouse that crap just went south.

You should have been with me when I told my wife that our 99 Suburban needed a new T case and transmission a few weeks ago.

Spousal unit- "That doesn't sound good honey... what do you think it will cost?"

Ira- "The quote was for $3400 not including my rental car."

Spouse- " :whoa: :eek:" .... which quickly turned to " :angry: :banghead: " and finally... " :assault: "

It makes it even worse when your wife is an accountant. ::-):

Anyhow glad to hear things turned out well.

Ira :chevy:
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

That's funny stuff Ira. To hear anyway. Yeah, the wife was happy that it seems to all have worked out. I still need to do a few more things to it, but it sure ran strong the other day. Yesterday it seemed to smoke a few times. Maybe I shouldn't have burried the tach in 1st & 2nd gears. gggg

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”