Corvair Engine Mod Pictures

All Models and Years
Ron Clevenger

Corvair Engine Mod Pictures

Post by Ron Clevenger »

Let's see if the pictures come through.

This engine was a draw thru turbo engine with a mag reverse rotation. Today with all the electronic controls you could make substantially more hp and I would certainly change over to a blow thru which I am for the 1966 Corsa ride.

These heads and turbo are going into my new street ride and it will be a blow thru deal but holding the boost to probably the 10-12 psi range.

Of course there are other mods to get a engine like this to live.

Blessings.........Ron
Attachments
Well, one did
Well, one did
Hey, we got two, this is the oiling system modification so the crank gets oil directly and not after the camshaft. Some work but very worth it in high hp applications if you want the bearings to live.
Hey, we got two, this is the oiling system modification so the crank gets oil directly and not after the camshaft. Some work but very worth it in high hp applications if you want the bearings to live.
Another angle of the oiling system. The special case bolt is channeled and the block is channeled to get oil to were it needs to be for the bearings. This completly eliminated any bearing problems and making in excess of 600hp in the 1980-1981 time frame.
Another angle of the oiling system. The special case bolt is channeled and the block is channeled to get oil to were it needs to be for the bearings. This completly eliminated any bearing problems and making in excess of 600hp in the 1980-1981 time frame.
This is the other side of the head. VW valves and seats, springs. Added head mass to stiffen up the head. Best done with DC tig to reduce heat load to head.
This is the other side of the head. VW valves and seats, springs. Added head mass to stiffen up the head. Best done with DC tig to reduce heat load to head.
flat6_musik

Re: Corvair Engine Mod Pictures

Post by flat6_musik »

Beautiful....keep 'em comin'!
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

That is super cool! I marvel at the talent that is out there.
Me.... I think I am doing good keeping my stock ride on the road.
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

WOW thats looking impressive , hope you psot more pictures along the road :-) Keep on going, i'm verry interesting in this topic !!

greetings Ralf

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”