65 Monza conv. boot

All Models and Years
conniecorvair

65 Monza conv. boot

Post by conniecorvair »

The boot has partly come out of its track behind the rear seat and I tried tapping it back in with a block of wood and hammer, but no go. Do I have to take the track off the seat , or take the whole seat out to get it back in? Also my rear drivers side window won't go down all the way. It looks like it's not in the track as it comes up. I'm guessing that you have to remove the rear seat to get the side panel off to get at the track. How does the rear seat come out? I tried pushing in at the bottom and then up ,but that didn't seem to work. Any info would be great. Craig in Coldstream BC :ty:
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: 65 Monza conv. boot

Post by azdave »

Doesn't the boot just slide in the rail mounted to the top of the back seat? I'm mean that's how you install and remove the boot normally right? You should just be able to slide it out completely and then re-thread the boot lip back into the rail once again.

Raer seat bottom comes out by pushing very firmly towards the rear of the car to release the two spring loaded tabs. The tabs are about 1 foot in on each side at the base of the rear seat bottom. Then the top section of the rear seat us usually held with a few screws at the base and them push up to completely remove the rear seat back.

Once all of that is out you will have better access to the rear 1/4 window after removing the side panel.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: 65 Monza conv. boot

Post by Corvair.crazy »

Thats how my EM comes off. In fact the owners manual says you can slide it off and store it in the trunk as a option.
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”