Bench Wrenching

All Models and Years
scooperman

Re: Bench Wrenching

Post by scooperman »

one of the guys I crewed for would let us have the shop radio on a rock channel during teardowns, but when the car was going back together he would only allow country music. Said it was much better for concentrating on your task. Weird guy but a good driver.
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

joelsplace wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 am You get 90% good advice here and about 95% bad on Facebook. I feel sorry for the newbies there. I don't see how they can sort through it.
I don't do facebook, but a buddy does and he could not bleed an 80's Camaro dual master cylinder after watching all the facebook information, that it turned out was incorrect. The presenters put on convincing explanations, but all WRONG.

I finally found the GM technical article (there's a mystery valve you have to push, then install a pin ----- really complicated and you have to follow a proper order). We got the master cylinder and system properly bleed.

I'm still amazed by all the "convincing", but totally incorrect presentations on facebook.
Dennis66

Post by Dennis66 »

"It's on the internet, it MUST be true". NOT. Why I try to steer the facebook people here.

Speaking of - last night there was a posting of a '65 Corsa Turbo convertible WITH AIR CONDITIONING (maybe added, but appeared to be GM components, Frigidaire compressor, underdash evaporator. Guy said the condenser was under the front. Car has been in a garage locally for 26 years and just recently seen for the first time. Local club president (which I haven't gotten involved with yet) was approached to buy it. Dennis
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

No turbo ever had factory A/C and '65 140s didn't either.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”