Late Model Trunk Lock Replacement #

All Models and Years
LBC TITAN

Late Model Trunk Lock Replacement #

Post by LBC TITAN »

Hey can someone give me the correct part number for the LM trunk lock that I can get at my local parts store or Napa?
Charles
Long Beach, CA
1966 Monza
Turbo 180
Hurst 4spd
bmuno

Re: Late Model Trunk Lock Replacement #

Post by bmuno »

Charles,
I don't have a part number for you but there are a lot of them out there online. I am looking for the same thing for a 1965 Monza/Corsa Turbo Convertible. I ordered one and it was too big. The 1965 has a number of unique parts and the trunk lock is one of them. Some of the sites list the same locks for all of the LM trunk locks. The face plate of the 1965 lock should be about the size of a quarter. I am guessing that you are looking for a 1966? Look for the site that says if fits the 1966 but not the 1965 and I think you would be OK.

Bill
Fallbrook, CA
Sold my MG Midget in May 2017.
Joined the Corvair Forum in June 2017.
Bought my first Corvair November 2017.
1965 Corvair Monza?/Corsa? Convertible.
Bill
Jerry Whitt

Post by Jerry Whitt »

Most of the auto parts stores computers do not show the correct Corvair parts. These computers came into play long after Corvairs were being sold.
Some will have pictures but when compared to the actual parts, usually not even close.

Try www.corvair.com This will be Clarks Corvair in Mass. Good folks. Very professional.
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I don't understand the persistent determination to buy Corvair parts from a local NAPA or other local auto parts stores. The problems often encountered when trying to buy correct parts for the classic Corvair are outlined here in this thread. It took me less than 30 seconds to find the needed parts on the Clark's Corvair Parts website by simply searching for the word "lock".

Local suppliers know almost nothing about the Corvair, while Clark's has specialized in supporting Corvair owner's needs since 1973! Their business is well-managed and has a good worldwide reputation. Some savings can be realized in shipping costs by ordering supplies and parts in a combined shipment using USPS or UPS Ground (rather than using multiple single item shipments). Sales tax for out-of-state shipments is not charged, so some savings is realized in that area. Clark's will get your shipment out the door fast, and their survival depends on recurring Corvair customers, while the local parts stores have no such need.

The relationship between Corvair owners and Corvair specialty suppliers is critically important to Corvair enthusiasts to make our Corvair hobby possible. Without suppliers like Clark's most Corvairs would no longer exist, except possibly in a few static museum displays. I would strongly encourage Corvair owners to focus their support on the Corvair specialty vendors.

ImageImage
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... IN&page=90

Part number C2437A: 65 TRUNK LOCK WITH KEY

Weight: 0 lbs 4 oz
Catalog Pages(s): 90
Price: $ 49.00

Part number C9366: 66-68 TRUNK LOCK-ONLY ORIGINAL FOR 67-68 *COMES WITH 67 B STYLE KEYS

Weight: 0 lbs 6 oz
Price: $ 21.45

Part number C9367: 1969 TRUNK LOCK-ORIGINAL (ALSO FITS 66- 68) NEED SPRING?-C2569

Weight: 0 lbs 6 oz
Price: $ 19.40
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
skipvair

Post by skipvair »

I agree. And you get the right parts as a bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Frank Metasavage

65 Corsa 140 4 speed with Weber IDAs
66 Corsa 140 4 speed Stock
gregpenn

Post by gregpenn »

I agree about the value of Clark's business, but their website is not the most user friendly. The more you use it, the more you learn how to navigate through it, but it does have a learning curve. And, most items are fairly priced, but then there are some that are simply beyond reason.

Sent from my [device_name] using Corvair Forum mobile app

LBC TITAN

Post by LBC TITAN »

I know all too well who can sell me the exact parts that I need, but as a consumer it is my right to shop around for the "BEST" price and option for me. Brad, while I appreciate all of your knowledge and expertise in the area of the Corvair and at many times you have been very helpful. Sometimes a simple answer will suffice rather than a sermon.

Since I'm on the West Coast, I typically by all of my parts from Mike's Corvair or California Corvair. I recently just rebuilt my engine and all of the parts came from Mike's Corvair and I have all the receipts to show, so when you say support your local Corvair supplier, I've done just that.

Bottom line is I spend "my" money on whatever and with whomever I choose.
Charles
Long Beach, CA
1966 Monza
Turbo 180
Hurst 4spd
LBC TITAN

Post by LBC TITAN »

bmuno wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 pm Charles,
I don't have a part number for you but there are a lot of them out there online. I am looking for the same thing for a 1965 Monza/Corsa Turbo Convertible. I ordered one and it was too big. The 1965 has a number of unique parts and the trunk lock is one of them. Some of the sites list the same locks for all of the LM trunk locks. The face plate of the 1965 lock should be about the size of a quarter. I am guessing that you are looking for a 1966? Look for the site that says if fits the 1966 but not the 1965 and I think you would be OK.

Bill
Fallbrook, CA
Thank you Bill for a polite answer. :tu:
Charles
Long Beach, CA
1966 Monza
Turbo 180
Hurst 4spd

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”