Drivers side window pulled out of pocket

All Models and Years
66corsaguy

Post by 66corsaguy »

Hello. Ive looked in Clark’s products and i don’t really see what i need or i am looking in the wrong place

The glass pulls right out of the holder. What should i do to get my glass to stay in? Is it a tape or a clamp type thing to hold the glass in?

Any recommendations that don’t require buying OE? Could i use mirror adhesive?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
66corsaguy

Post by 66corsaguy »

So does this part kind of squeeze the glass and grab it and hold it tight? Mine is so deteriorated i can’t really tell what the mechanics are
Thanks. I saw the fabric liner they sell but not the rubber. I think i need the rubber?

lostboy

Re: Drivers side window pulled out of pocket

Post by lostboy »

Windsheild glue will work. So will gorilla glue if you're not concerned with cosmetics. My driver's side is gorilla glued and has been for quite some time. The metal is completely rotten but the glue has held wonderfully.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

Clark's C772 is the fabric used to install the side glass in the channel. Windshield urethane will also work.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

You might find the procedures and answers you need in the attached 1966 Fisher Body Service Manual section. it was divided into four segments to make the file size small enough to be uploaded on the Corvair Forum. The complete 1966 Fisher Body Service Manual can be found and downloaded using the link below...

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

You might also try the Corvair Ranch to see if they have anything that could help you...

:link: http://www.corvairranch.com/

1079 Bon-Ox Road, ​Gettysburg, ​PA. 17325 USA
​Phone: 717-624-2805
fax us by the same number... ask us to hook up the machine
​Email: findit@theranch.today
Our hours are Monday thru Friday 9 to 5, Saturday 9 to 12
or contact us for an appointment.

:chevy:
Attachments
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual - DOORS - Part 1 of 4.pdf
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual - DOORS - Part 1 of 4
(6.71 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual - DOORS - Part 2 of 4.pdf
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual - DOORS - Part 2 of 4
(9.83 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual - DOORS - Part 3 of 4.pdf
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual - DOORS - Part 3 of 4
(6.52 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual - DOORS - Part 4 of 4.pdf
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual - DOORS - Part 4 of 4
(9.68 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
66corsaguy

Post by 66corsaguy »

Thanks everyone i will most likely use a glass glue since it’s hidden

terribleted

Post by terribleted »

66corsaguy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 am Thanks everyone i will most likely use a glass glue since it’s hidden

You must be careful to make sure that the window is high enough and even in the track to close properly after the windshield urethane dries. Best way is likely to remove the seat (for good access and door panel, install the urethane in the track and glass into the urethane and roll the window all the way up with the door closed (no forcing). You can then shift it around a little for a good fit to the vent window and rear glass and weatherstrips, and then leave it that way until it sets.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
66corsaguy

Post by 66corsaguy »

terribleted wrote:
66corsaguy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 am Thanks everyone i will most likely use a glass glue since it’s hidden

You must be careful to make sure that the window is high enough and even in the track to close properly after the windshield urethane dries. Best way is likely to remove the seat (for good access and door panel, install the urethane in the track and glass into the urethane and roll the window all the way up with the door closed (no forcing). You can then shift it around a little for a good fit to the vent window and rear glass and weatherstrips, and then leave it that way until it sets.
Smart idea. Would hate to have thought of that after.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”