Missing plate?

All Models and Years
jcannon44

Missing plate?

Post by jcannon44 »

Should there be a plate here? Am i missing something or should it be open? I have alternator out for replacement. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Jeff Cannon, Smithfield VA
1966 Corvair Monza Convertible
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Missing plate?

Post by azdave »

Yes. It's called the Summer/Winter plate and when opened by you (mechanically at the beginning of winter) it let warm air circulate to help prevent carb icing.

The cover shown below was made from a sheet of metal and had a decal added to look like OEM. That is all you need since it looks like your lower shrouds and air doors are not installed anyway.
Attachments
$(KGrHqN,!qkFCSl,(NMZBQpqr!D5jQ--_4.JPG
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

If you don't wish to fabricate one, Clark's does produce a reproductoin...

ImageImage
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... N&page=104
Part number C645: 65-67 A/C,140 & TURBO SUM/WINTER COVER FITS 65-69 W/NO SMOG PIPE & 65-69 95/110 HP

Weight: 0 lbs 6 oz
Catalog Pages(s): 51,104,AC,10
Price: $ 21.60

:dontknow: By the way, can you tell us more about you, your location, Corvair background, and your car? Pictures would be great too. I can't even tell what year your Corvair is. Modifying your profile to include a custom signature that identifies you, your location, and your Corvair model is useful because it automatically includes that information at the bottom of each of your posts. (See examples at the bottom of this post and Dave's previous post).
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
jcannon44

Post by jcannon44 »

bbodie52 wrote:If you don't wish to fabricate one, Clark's does produce a reproductoin...

ImageImage
Part number C645: 65-67 A/C,140 & TURBO SUM/WINTER COVER FITS 65-69 W/NO SMOG PIPE & 65-69 95/110 HP

:dontknow: By the way, can you tell us more about you, your location, Corvair background, and your car? Pictures would be great too. I can't even tell what year your Corvair is. Modifying your profile to include a custom signature that identifies you, your location, and your Corvair model is useful because it automatically includes that information at the bottom of each of your posts. (See examples at the bottom of this post and Dave's previous post).
Thank You! I will do so!

jcannon44

Post by jcannon44 »

jcannon44 wrote:
bbodie52 wrote:If you don't wish to fabricate one, Clark's does produce a reproductoin...

ImageImage

Thank You! I will do so!

Really appreciate all your help!

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:clap: ::-): That is a very nice looking Monza convertible! The color is unique. The three blue colors listed for 1966 are shown below, and all appear to be much darker than the light blue on your convertible. The closest Corvair colors I could find were from 1961 and 1962, and I think the 1961 Seamist Turquoise appears to be the closest match. To my eye it is a good color on your convertible. 110 hp Powerglide automatic?

Image Mist Blue
Image Danube Blue
Image Marina Blue
1966 Light Blue Monza Convertible.jpg

:chevy: :tu:

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

There are five CORSA club chapters in Virginia, and two CORSA club chapters only about 45 miles from your location — both in Virginia Beach — if you are interested...

ImageTidewater Corvair Club
:link: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/tidewater/index.html

Image Stock Corvair Group
:link: http://stock.corvair.org/wordpress/

4613 Dorchester Lane, Virginia Beach VA
Brad Bodie
jcannon44

Post by jcannon44 »

Actually its white. [emoji56], ermine white.

Jeff Cannon, Smithfield, VA
1966 Corvair Monza Conv.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Ermine White example...

:doh: :rolling: I guess I was fooled by the reflection of the blue sky on the Ermine White (Skyblue White???) Corvair! :tongue:

Still... a sharp looking white convertible! (It also turns out that my monitor display was adding a slight blue tint to your white Corvair, enhancing the sky blue reflection. When I switched to a different display on my laptop, the blue tint I was seeing was less apparent). :sad5:
Brad Bodie

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”