Racing battery

Post by Coolair »

https://www.braillebattery.com/index.ph ... ries/b2015
Does any one have any experience with this battery like to put one in my 65

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Corvair Forum mobile app
martyscarr

Re: Racing battery

Post by martyscarr »

No experience with that one, but for awhile I had an Odyssey PC680 in my autox car. It has slightly less capacity than the Braille B2015 but never had an issue starting the car. Why did I get rid of it? I went to a trunk mounted battery and wanted the weight gain (30+ pounds) of a full size battery on the front wheels.

HTH
Marty Scarr
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

Looks like a motorcycle battery to me. ::-):
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
Jerry Whitt

Post by Jerry Whitt »

The term "Pulse cranking amperage" is a term not heard before. Suspect this means it can put out good cranking amperage for only a few seconds.
If that is true, then a Corvair that is flooded, would not crank long enough to clear the cylinders. Or if an electrical device was left on for a little while, the battery would not be able to crank the engine.
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

Not in a Corvair but I have one of those in my track car. Keep it on a battery tender whenever you can. Lifespan will probably not exceed 2 years. The more you keep it on a tender the longer it will last.
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”