In search of a mechanic

All Models and Years
CaliCorvair7

In search of a mechanic

Post by CaliCorvair7 »

I am located in the Inland Empire and am looking for a mobile mechanic or knowledgeable person to assess my '65 monza.
I contacted Dave Statland's Mobile Corvair service but he doesn't travel to the IE and California Corvair in Chino only works at their shop. Also contacted the Inland Empire Corvair Club, but have yet to recieve a response.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

In search of a mechanic

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

You're going to have more luck finding a Corvair enthusiast that can maybe stop by to assess the situation, than find a traveling Corvair Mechanic.

If not, you may need to pay the money and just have it towed to the nearest Corvair mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

In search of a mechanic

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

I also looked at the Corvair Help map. davemotohead is up in Rosamond, but he is very helpful and maybe worth getting a hold of.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl ... 367727&z=4

1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: In search of a mechanic

Post by Scott H »

CaliCorvair7 wrote:I am located in the Inland Empire and am looking for a mobile mechanic or knowledgeable person to assess my '65 monza.
I contacted Dave Statland's Mobile Corvair service but he doesn't travel to the IE and California Corvair in Chino only works at their shop. Also contacted the Inland Empire Corvair Club, but have yet to recieve a response.
Thanks in advance!
I tried responding to you on the IE corvair club page but for some reason it isn't letting me. We do have a member who lives in Hemet. He may be able to come by.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Jerry Whitt

Post by Jerry Whitt »

If CaliCorvair7 is willing to drive to Hemet, would be happy to talk with him about needed repairs. Have many years Corvair experience and retired as an ASE Master Automobile Technician. Have shop next to my home and can do most Corvair repairs.

Contact at "gtojerry@aol.com" Usual fee is 12 pack of Diet Coke!!!!!
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible
CaliCorvair7

Post by CaliCorvair7 »

Jerry Whitt wrote:If CaliCorvair7 is willing to drive to Hemet, would be happy to talk with him about needed repairs. Have many years Corvair experience and retired as an ASE Master Automobile Technician. Have shop next to my home and can do most Corvair repairs.

Contact at "gtojerry@aol.com" Usual fee is 12 pack of Diet Coke!!!!!
I'm actually located in Hemet and am more than willing to pay more then the Diet Coke! I'll send you an email.
CaliCorvair7

Post by CaliCorvair7 »

Scott Howey wrote:
CaliCorvair7 wrote:I am located in the Inland Empire and am looking for a mobile mechanic or knowledgeable person to assess my '65 monza.
Thanks in advance!
I tried responding to you on the IE corvair club page but for some reason it isn't letting me. We do have a member who lives in Hemet. He may be able to come by.

Is it Jerry Whitt who commented? Definitely willing to compensate anyone who can help me out. I've had this car for over 10 years, but it's been sitting for the last 5 and I finally have some time and funds to get it back on the road. Just not sure where to start.
CaliCorvair7

Post by CaliCorvair7 »

SyntheticBlnkerFluid wrote:You're going to have more luck finding a Corvair enthusiast that can maybe stop by to assess the situation, than find a traveling Corvair Mechanic.

If not, you may need to pay the money and just have it towed to the nearest Corvair mechanic.

You're definitely right. After reaching out to several mechanics I realized I probably wouldn't have any luck going that route. Joining this forum seems to have been the right move though. I really appreciate everyone's responses.
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Yes joining the forum was a good thing. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here. :tu: :welcome:
email Jerry and keep us posted on your progress.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
sirwaldizmo

Post by sirwaldizmo »

I know a traveling Corvair mechanic that frequents the IE area. Just had him over my place to rebuild my carbs. Rather than doing just that, he figured out that my main issue was the linkage and not my carb. Fixed the linkage issues for me and sold me some parts i could use to rebuild the carbs myself. Stand-up guy that i can definitely recommend. Send me a pm i'll forward his contact to you.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”