Gas Heater Comb. Air Blower Motor

All Models and Years
KiltedPhoenix

Gas Heater Comb. Air Blower Motor

Post by KiltedPhoenix »

My Combustion Air Blower (CAB ) has been making horrible noises lately and now the heater is not fully firing. I've narrowed it down to either something to do with the CAB not turning fast enough and therefore not opening/closing the points correctly or its the nozzle, which may have become clogged. I've pulled the CAB motor, and on the bench connected to a spare battery, it spins just fine but there is too much (in my opinion) in/out shaft play. I've decided to take apart the motor to possibly clean/rebuild it. How does the lobe on the point side of the shaft come off? Does it come off? I cant take apart the back half of the motor without pulling it off. Any suggestions?
64powerglide

Re: Gas Heater Comb. Air Blower Motor

Post by 64powerglide »

I know nothing about a Corvair gas heater but my 1980 motorhome furnace has a sail switch, if the fan runs to slow it won't open the fuel valve. I would think there is some kind of safety switch on the Corvair heater. :dontknow:
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
SteveH

Re: Gas Heater Comb. Air Blower Motor

Post by SteveH »

Eric Carlson on the FB Corvair group has been documenting his repair of his gas heater to working state
CORSA Member #034095
65 Corvair Corsa "Field Find" 140-4, 4 speed, Hardtop, Telescoping wheel. Rear Speaker
65 Corvair Corsa Automatic 140-4, Coupe

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”