transmission help

All Models and Years
john p

transmission help

Post by john p »

iam looking for a 4 speed gearbox for a 1962 Monza or a countergear and reverse idler gear because the gears are gone I live in mich, does any body have a goog one and are there any Michigan base corvair clubs in mich
john p

Re: transmission help

Post by john p »

I need a 4 speed manual gearbox for a 1962 for a corvair is any other chevy trans the same as this and is there any corvair clubs in mich they also say clarks parts in California but I cant figure out how to look up parts iam new at the computer and old can you help
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

Clark's Corvair Parts is in Massachusetts. They can be reached at 413-625-9776. They are by far the largest Corvair parts supplier and also have a great paper catalog set you can order and then you pick what you want and order by phone (no computer required). You might give them a call and see if they have the trans parts you need. You could also try contacting the Corvair Ranch in PA they may have a used unit or gears for you 717-624-2805.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
john p

Post by john p »

thanks terrible ted got your message I just got this 62 guy said reverse a little had to get in when I took the gear box off reverse was gone didn't matter had a vair in 64 new wanted another so thanks for info
john p

Post by john p »

what year 4 speed trans are the same as the 62 corvair conv. I see a lot of 3 speed trans can I use them

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”