Dayton Wires

All Models and Years
jmikulec

Dayton Wires

Post by jmikulec »

I have a 65 Monza and have installed s10 disc brakes on them. I am wandering if some Dayton wire wheels that are 14s will fit on there. They may be too small?Image

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
jmikulec

Re: Dayton Wires

Post by jmikulec »

I have not bought these yet I am just wandering if someone has bought these type wheels and successfully put them on their vair.

azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Without some basic info about the rim dimensions and your custom S10 disc conversion specs we would just be guessing. The rims look like they have very little backspacing.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
jmikulec

Post by jmikulec »

I believe they are 14x8 with 5 inch dishes. My disc brakes I have no idea what diameter they are but I have 15 inch rally wheels on there now.

SyntheticBlnkerFluid

Dayton Wires

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

It really depends on what year S10 your brakes came from. In the 80' and Early 90's the S10 had 14" wheels stock. The mid 90s to early 00s had 15". I believe they did get larger brakes between the two generations.

I'd measure the spacing between your brake caliper and the inside of the Rally wheels you have now. That would give you an idea if 14" wheels would fit.

1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
andre

Post by andre »

You should check the backspacing those wheels look like they are reverse meaning that they have a lot of space in the front and may hit the wheel and may stick out too far check all measurements before you buy I was going to buy those for mine and they do come in standard and reverse configuration

sirwaldizmo

Post by sirwaldizmo »

I've bought a set of wire wheels a while back intending to install them on my 62' Monza. Looks very much like the set in your pics but in 15s. I had trouble finding the right wheel adapter to mount them on my 4lug drums. I've bought a couple of sets of 4 and 5 lug adapters but they did not work so i'm planning on getting rid of everything since i just picked up a set of Appliance wires. I'm near DTLA if you want to test fit anything hit me up.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”