alignment specs

All Models and Years
Me and Butch

alignment specs

Post by Me and Butch »

I am in the process of a total front end rebuild, all stock as the factory did it except for all the powder coating and pretty. My question is the specs for a front and rear alignment must be somewhat different due to the fact that I will be running radial tires that are a different size from the original. I will be running the BF Goodrich T/A radial 205-70-14, front and rear, My best friend did a similar change to his 65 corvette, and his numbers changed due to a change of tire from stock. looking forward to any help :dontknow:
1965 Corsa Convertible
1962 Rampside, world champion 1989 KC :tu:
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: alignment specs

Post by azdave »

If you ask a question here it helps to remind us what you are driving. For all we know you have an FC truck or van. ::-):

If you put the info in your signature line we won't have to ask.

If you happen to have a LM then you can start reading here.
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/setup.html
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Me and Butch

Post by Me and Butch »

:doh: So sorry, stupid me, I presume that everybody knows what car and what I'm doing. The car is a 1965 corsa convertible, and I have removed the front cross member, I am replacing all bushings and upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, installing Clarks quick steering arms as well as new shocks. all parts from Clarks multi front end kit. The Big pieces are at the powder coat guy and I will start the re-assy when all is coated. I also elected to go with Clarks firmer front end springs, I am also rebuilding the steering box, :tongue: again sorry about the poor info Ill get better at this.....Thanks
1965 Corsa Convertible
65c66h

Post by 65c66h »

I did alignments for 13 years I lined up five of my corvairs and I always went with about a half a degree of negative camber in the front. In the rear I go with -.75 just because to drive a little fast around curves. But I also lowered most of mine a little bit

Sent from my SM-N920P using Corvair Forum mobile app
Why have a corvette when you can have a corvair.
BeN
lineberry
Me and Butch

Post by Me and Butch »

:guitar: I guess I will go with the factory alignment #s, thanks 65c66h for the input, here we go
1965 Corsa Convertible
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

A 205/70X14 tire is a close as you'll get to the old 7.00X13 tire circumference and works fine. The rim width backspace may be another issue, but going with the stock alignment tolerances should be fine. Since you've replaced a lot of suspension parts you'll have to make sure the tie rod ends are adjusted to center the steering box for minimal play while adjusting toe-in. With a slightly wider tire, or greater backspace than stock, you may want the camber and castor on the conservative side

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”