Corsa dash in Monza = Temp sending unit?

All Models and Years
cnicol

Re: Corsa dash in Monza = Temp sending unit?

Post by cnicol »

joemonza wrote:Changing gears just slightly. I have a 1966 Monza with a Corsa dash installed (in it when I bought the car) and it is a 1966 140 horse. There shouldn't have been a thermister there as the original gauges wouldn't have needed it. Right? My question is would I need to use the adaptor from Clark's on a 140 as well if it's not a Corsa? I have purchased a thermistor already courtesy of Mr. Nicol. At the present time all that works is the speedometer and it is pretty much spot on.
Craig replies: No adapter needed on 140 and turbo heads. These heads are built to accommodate the thermistor. I recommend installing them with a dash of anti-seize on the threads so the thermistor can be removed during cylinder head service.
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)
joemonza

Post by joemonza »

Thanks Craig.
Joe Nels
1966 Monza Coupe 4 speed
140 HP 4 barrel carb
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

If the 140HP head has not been modified then the thermistor will fit. ALL 140HP heads had the threaded hole sized to the thermistor - also why the temp snap switch for the 140HP head is different. It was made to fit the threaded hole for the thermistor (thermistor on one head, snap switch on the other).

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”