my 65 Turbo

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Bobby65

my 65 Turbo

Post by Bobby65 »

Pulled it from a barn, $500 61xxx miles, pulled the engine to put clutch and pressure plate in it so i could even start it cause the ring gear was broken, then put dual carbs on to get it running then rebuilt the exhaust system and carb and got it running real nice, did the brakes, and it is on the road started the interior, painted the dash, but mostly mechanical work so far, now everything works (for the most-part anyway) i am focusing on the body then interior i plan to make it seirra fawn (gold) with a black top, and two black stripes down the hood, here is what i have done so far, i plan to have it painted and the interior done by September, because that's when i get my licence
Attachments
corvair2.jpg
corvair9.jpg
corvair 1.jpg
corvair 3.jpg
corvair 4.jpg
corvair 5.jpg
corvair 6.jpg
corvair 7.jpg
corvair 8.jpg
corvair 9.jpg
corvair 10.jpg
corvair 11.jpg
corvair 12.jpg
corvair 13.jpg
corvair 14.jpg
Drive it like you stole it
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
64 monza convertible 4 spd
Grand Ledge, Michigan
cad-kid

Re: my 65 Turbo

Post by cad-kid »

Looks like a fun project, you are making great progress!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Very cool.....and a great deal too.
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

yeah it is a fun project, i have to get more pics of it this year after i get it out of storage, yeah the reason it didnt sell to someone els sooner than i could have gotten to it is because the guy had it posted under "sporting goods" on craigslist
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

this is what i have done this year, new fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator, airfilter assembly put together from a late eightes GM 3.1 air filter canister and an ford rubber intake, patched front floor pans, repainted interior metal, new (used) door panels, new carpet, put a radio in, replaced headliner, new seats out of a cavalier, need to get another tan one but the blue works for now, and a new (used) rear seat, so the interior is done, now the trunk, then the dreaded quarter panel, and has anyone ever put a normal gas pedal in one of these, and had a cable go to the back? the stock pedal is kind of akward, and the linkage is clunky, even after i replaced all the bushings
Attachments
IMG_3253.JPG
IMG_3258.JPG
IMG_3259.JPG
IMG_3260.JPG
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
Grand Ledge, Michigan
ncwitte
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by ncwitte »

It looks like you have been busy! Did you get your trim pads and rear seat from the donor car? The interior looks much more comfortable and clean.
Norm Witte
Lansing, Michigan
'65 Corsas: 140 coupe and 180 convertible
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4208
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

You have been busy. Looks like you are having fun. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
Mike D

Post by Mike D »

This car crys for a flat black paintjob,, Love it
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

i was thinking a charcoal grey with black rally stripes down the hood and decklid, and a black roof, i was originally going to go with tan with the stripes and black roof, i still might do that i'm torn between the two, yeah i have been busy, yeah i got all the door panels (trim cards?) and rear seat from a donor car, atleast the interior was nice on that car, but it had a bench seat up front, so that's why i went with other seats, but with the interior done now i can get people to ride with me ::-):
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

i woke up today and decided to start on the A pillar rust, because i have the frame rails finished, they say the rust is always worse than you think, and in my case this holds true lol its not done but its as far as i got today,, i was really suprised how little there was left under what looked not that bad, but its solid again, the passenger side looks a million times better so it shouldnt be nearly as involved
Attachments
IMG_3502.JPG
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3506.JPG
IMG_3507.JPG
IMG_3508.JPG
IMG_3510.JPG
IMG_3511.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3519.JPG
IMG_3521.JPG
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
Grand Ledge, Michigan
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

:coolphotos: :tu: looking good, keep on going !!
mart

Post by mart »

I have a feeling my next job will be door pillars :eek:
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

yeah im sanding down the filler now, almost done, took longer than i thought, i figured i would do the floors and frame rails and the A pillars first, because that's where the car gets it streingth, but that's most the rust i have to deal with
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

all done, took longer than i thought, i also had to weld in a patch for part of the lower door at the front, and aligning the door is a real pain, but it is worth it, mart it shouldn't be anything for you after all you have done to your car so far, but its nice to have replaced it all so i know it is solid and the car isn't going to break in half, that's my big concern lol, my parts car did that, maybe i should upload pics of that, same thing that happend to you mart, looked great untill i got it home then it fell apart piece by piece and literally bent to where you couldn't open the drivers door and you could see the door gaps change as you jacked it up it was the rustiest corvair i have ever seen, but it had all the trim and everything on it worked and was in good shape, the interior, mechanical parts, was a great parts car
Attachments
IMG_3542.JPG
it looks like the door gap is tight at the bottom but its not, its just the angle
it looks like the door gap is tight at the bottom but its not, its just the angle
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

Nice work. Another Corvair being saved. Somewhere a GM engineer is smiling. :goodpost:
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
Vaircooled

Post by Vaircooled »

Awsome job so far Bobby! I want to get mine media blasted but I am afraid of what I might end up with.
Shane
1960 700 Sedan

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”