Corvair Lakewood 61 - NL

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Corvair Lakewood 61 - NL

Post by bbodie52 »

TikiRalf wrote:I got married on the 12th of may [2021], wedding car was a Corvair from a clubmember :woo:
TikiRalf wrote:It's been a while since the last update. Beside a vacation and my wife's health that is not going well at the moment...
Thanks for the update on your Corvair project. Hard to believe that it has been over two years since your marriage began. I'm sorry to hear that your wife's health has been poor recently... I wish her all the best!

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Thank you bbodie!

And yes, time goes fast, and life can change in a minute! Enjoy when you can, we are the living proof unfortunately, first with our daughter, now with my wife! Familie first, "corvairs are fun, but just a product".
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I have been married for 51 years (since April 1972). Believe it or not, my wife had a stroke (brain hemorrhage) at age 27 in 1978 — that paralyzed her left side. But we worked together to get her through all of the rehabilitation, and fortunately she regained most of her mobility within a year after her stroke. Her recovery was complete-enough that I was able to continue my military career with the Air Force for 24 years, to retire in 1996. She has a complex medical history, including two hip replacements and a knee replacement, but together we helped her through life's complexities and raised several children along the way.

We discovered that life's obstacle course is easier to deal with together than it would have ever been alone! We have never had regrets about getting married! So, at age 70, life continues as we plug along in our two Corvairs (we have always traveled through life in Corvairs — they make life more fun!!!) :tongue: ::-):

Best wishes to you both!
Brad Bodie
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

Will be praying.
Been going through it here too.
Had a piece of my right lung removed in March and my wife had her left knee replaced again in June. The first go around from last July apparently didn't sit right or something. Second knee is going much better, and I'm completely recovered.
Trying to get my Vair back on the road before the bad weather comes in.
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Thank you doug,

They found cancer by my wife, so we have a long treatment ahead. But we will go for it! Like bbodie, we will do it together and we will climb this mountain to!

I hope to paint the part i'm working on it, before the bad / cold weather comes in. I have a lot of parts at home, new interior, all the window seals, so I can do a lot inside and hope i can find some time / also in my head to work on it now and than. It could be a distraction to, what will be good sometimes.

We see, next week hopefully painting the watergutter and from there we will make a plan again to continue the project.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Cancer is a scary word, and there are so many variables, types, treatment plans, etc. My mother had lung cancer, but she had been a cigarette smoker since she was a teenager. I was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor hiding in my appendix a few months ago. An abdominal infection from the appendix led to an early detection and surgical removal, so for me there was no follow-up with any form of chemo or radiation therapy... just continued monitoring with a local oncologist. So far, so good for my form of cancerous tumor that has been apparently detected early and surgically removed.

I hope that your wife's cancer, diagnosis, and treatment plan will be successful and not too invasive. Your continuous encouragement and support is, I'm sure, very important to her. I will keep both of you in my prayers, and wish you all the best!
Brad Bodie
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Glad to hear you're doing ok BBodie! And yes we go for it together, she have a long treatment, atleast half a year and with the "full package". We take it step by step, and see how she / her body react on it.

But beside the medical things, I have foudn some time (and dry weather) to paint the water gutter in the matching color of the Lakewood. I'm so happy that it is the same color now, instead of primer, grey, yellow and seafoam green.
910.jpg
911.jpg
912.jpg
Another job done from the list. and a picture of the lakewood in the evening without sun (I stil like the color)
913.jpg
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Nice effort. A good looking Corvair.

The little stuff can take a lot of time to get done, but it sure makes a difference even if it is not obvious to others.

Corvair wagons are not common, especially in the Nertherlands. It will be a great ride.
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

66vairguy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:41 pm Nice effort. A good looking Corvair.

The little stuff can take a lot of time to get done, but it sure makes a difference even if it is not obvious to others.

Corvair wagons are not common, especially in the Nertherlands. It will be a great ride.
Thank you!

and this year 2 wagons got imported from the USA to the Netherlands.
1961 Lakewood 500
1962 Wagon

Stil happy I have a Lakewood 700 :rolling:
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

It's been a long time, but slowly getting back into the workshop.
The health of my wife is on the better hand, but she still got 2 more treatments to go.

I find some time to clean up the workshop. Since last summer it was a dump place for everything.
Now I have space to move around and to work again on the Lakewood.
441508048_8016215211769243_3194079507594702670_n.jpg
441866623_8021109124613185_9098264199175690824_n.jpg
Next week I try to make a plan / refresh my head where I was with the project.

:ty:
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

Glad to hear she's doing better!
Thanks for the update!
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”