65 Corsa Convertible project

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
CorvairCon65

Re: 65 Corsa Convertible project

Post by CorvairCon65 »

I love those IROC wheels, a straight bolt on, hassle free and really give these cars a good stance. I just wish they were so easy to obtain from this side of the pond. Car looks very nice indeed.
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

Thanks for all your comments. It has been a 6 year project that was intended to only take a few months! Life issues happen, at this age..:banghead:
As far as the red seats..... I was going for the classic, Porsche and Mercedes look of their silver exterior and their red interior. I have had many positive comments in person, so for now I will leave it as is.
The rear seat is the same dark gray as the carpet and door panel trim.
I have found that the seats are VERY comfortable and keep you in place during spirited driving. However, the small steering wheel is harder to turn at low speeds and actually hides the turn signals! SO the steering wheel issue will have to be addressed!
The color of the seats can be changed but for the price paid and them being leather (Chinese Recaro copies), I spent MY money where I thought best. I rather have Corbeau or real Recaro seats, but both of the seats I purchased cost less than one of the others. Maybe in the future I will change them out.
The IROC wheels were pretty sad when I founds them but had them refurbished and bought the center caps off of eBay. I then fitted Corsa horn buttons to their centers.
Next project, my second son's first car, a 65 Corsa coupe is in the planning stages. Once I get this one completely sorted, I can get started.
Thanks again for following my adventurous journey....... :ty: Bob
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

I have finally finished the engine compartment and the PCV issue! I could not in good conscience put a little filter on the pcv tube...
I have also cleaned up the look in the engine compartment by removing the fresh air hose.
driving it here and there when the weather permits
Attachments
DSC_0957.JPG
DSC_0956.JPG
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
County98

Post by County98 »

Looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Corvair Forum mobile app
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

Thanks Shayne! We need to get together on the nest warm days. See you soon.
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”