Post by freedo »

64vert wrote:Image
Camaro spoiler?
Motornoggin
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Chin spoiler?

Post by Motornoggin »

91turbo2 wrote:Motornoggin, I'm assuming you cut your springs at least in the front? Any problems with the spoiler scraping?

Springs are cut 1 3/4 coils, then added a 1/8" urethane spacer (for an Audi A4 Quatro) at the spring seat.

The spoiler will scrape in dips or speed bumps if I'm not careful, but it's not too bad.
91turbo2

Post by 91turbo2 »

Motornoggin wrote:
91turbo2 wrote:Motornoggin, I'm assuming you cut your springs at least in the front? Any problems with the spoiler scraping?

Springs are cut 1 3/4 coils, then added a 1/8" urethane spacer (for an Audi A4 Quatro) at the spring seat.

The spoiler will scrape in dips or speed bumps if I'm not careful, but it's not too bad.
Last question... Did it mount to the front bumper completely flush? I'm checking out some on eBay that include the brackets and bolts.
1964 Ford F250
1965 Corvair Monza
Motornoggin
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Motornoggin »

I doesn't mount to the bumper. No brackets included, or needed. It mounts near the pinch weld under and behind the bumper. I just drilled through the flange on the spoiler and used the six screws it came with to mount through those holes.
JasonC
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by JasonC »

CorvairKid wrote:Before you are quick to judge im not one of those kids. Its alot different from where you come from and where i come from
No not really, tacky ebay rice products are what they are no matter where you live. But it's your car and you can do as you please.
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp 4spd
1992 BMW 325ic
1997 Jeep Cherokee SE 4x4
dawgfishx wrote:Pennsylvanians...Annoying the British since 1775 ! ;-)
veverlove

Post by veverlove »

Thanks, azdave. Knew I had seen a one piece spoiler for the LM. Anyone recall the manufacturer of the after market tubular rear struts for the LM? Found some nice looking items at PMT Fab., but know there are others.
Victor Everlove - Santa Cruz Co, CA
1965 Corvair Monza Convertible, PG (converted 4-speed)
1961 Corvair Lakewood, PG (RIP - got torched 11/2014)
2001 Chevy Blazer Extreme, LS 1 (RIP - hit-n-run total 06/2014)
thewolfe
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by thewolfe »

I have halos too! Except you can see mine in the daylight unlike the ones you get on ebay. They are blinding but I have pwm dimmers on them so I can make them as bright as I want. The halo rings have 156 LEDs each and were retrofitted into H4 conversion housings along with morimoto mini H1 bi xenon projectors. I think they look more bmw-esque than ricer myself but different strokes for different folks. And there's my mulholland air dam...
Attachments
IMAG0322_1.jpg
Nate Wolfe
65 Corsa 180
61 Lakewood 140
JasonC
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by JasonC »

I should apologize for going off like I did, even if it was close to 2 years ago. Everyone has different taste, not everyone will agree on the same look. I know people don't like my car. But in the end I didn't make it the way it is for them. I did it for me. but like always, opinions will vary in the car community.
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp 4spd
1992 BMW 325ic
1997 Jeep Cherokee SE 4x4
dawgfishx wrote:Pennsylvanians...Annoying the British since 1775 ! ;-)
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Question from a newbie...

Does anyone have a source for the REAR lip that the YS cars sported? Or is it just sheet metal?
CORSA Member #034095
65 Corvair Corsa "Field Find" 140-4, 4 speed, Hardtop, Telescoping wheel. Rear Speaker
65 Corvair Corsa Automatic 140-4, Coupe

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”