HEALTHCARE.GOV -- WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Humor, Politics, etc...
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

HEALTHCARE.GOV -- WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by UNSAFE »

I am not a political type person but I honestly have to say that "Obama Care" is a joke .

I do need health insurance .

I tried a few weeks ago on the website and got into that endless circle where I could not even get past the choose password stage . I tried dozens and dozens of combinations and got nowhere except back to step one where I had to start all over again from scratch !

So I tried the chat option and was told that "maybe" I should try calling :eek: His day job must be a comedian !

So I tried the website again today and actually got thru the password stage and now I am waiting ____ and waiting ___ and waiting___ and waiting for the email confirmation :dontknow:

So I decided to try to call and the message said I could expect extremely long delays on the phone and that I should try using the website :banghead:

They mention that six million people have signed up and the website is overloaded -- Cr@p -- Ebay probably does more traffic than that in a day !

Now they'll wanna fine me for not signing up :rolling:

So here I am still waiting ____ and waiting ___ and waiting___ and waiting ___ and waiting ____ and waiting ___ and waiting___ and waiting :angry:
Attachments
!cid_1_1102294908@web46007_mail_sp1_yahoo.jpg
!cid_1_1102294908@web46007_mail_sp1_yahoo.jpg (15 KiB) Viewed 1853 times
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Nickshu

Re: HEALTHCARE.GOV -- WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Nickshu »

Six million have not signed up. That data is everyone who has shopped on the site and put a plan in their shopping cart. It is not a measure of how many have actually PAID for a new plan.

It's a big, huge mess.
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

The best part about this forum is you can say what you said Kevin, thank you Scott.

Could not agree with you more...ideally obamacare would fail on it's own.

All I can say is vote conservative no matter the candidate.
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:helpsos: Let's not forget about Harry Reid, the godfather of Obamacare and the only member of the Senate who matters!

Only one-third of the Senate is up for election in 2014. If a Senator from your state is up for election in 2014, and if he or she is a Democrat, vote for the other person! Harry Reid has got to go as the Senate Majority Leader, and switching to a Republican majority is the only way to do it!

Harry Reid has a stranglehold on the Congress. Nothing gets considered for discussion, debate, or a vote in the Senate if Nevada Senator Harry Reid does not want it!

ImageImage

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

I'm pretty sure Harry Reid has early stage Alzheimers. He says things on video then a month later he says "I never said that". A perfect example of why we need congressional age and term limits.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
Skrain

Post by Skrain »

Here in Kentucky, the state has it's own site, so you don't have to use the federal site.
The designers have even stated that it was designed to be used by a person with a 6th grade education.
I went on it, worked right through, and now have full health insurance!
Thanks Obama! :tu:
P.S. DITCH MITCH 2014! Along with Most, if not ALL of the old fossils in office! RE-ELECT NOBODY 2014, 2016, and 2018!
(F.Y.I. I am registered as an Independent Voter, NOT a member of either party.)
1964 Monza Spyder Turbo Convertible.
1949 Ford 8N Tractor
2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4X4 Pickup
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I wish it weren't necessary to vote against the entire Democratic party to unseat Harry Reid as the powerful Senate Majority Leader, but the Democrats don't seem to be willing or able to change or unseat him on their own. His stubborn, inept, incompetent self-serving approach to "leading" the Senate majority has completely blocked almost all activity in Congress. There are 535 voting members of Congress (435 in the House of Representatives, and 100 in the Senate). Yet one Senator from Nevada, who inherited his power primarily because of his age and seniority, can manage to prevent any debate or voting in the Senate, effectively blocking any bills proposed by the House of Representatives from being considered, debated, or voted upon by the remaining 99 members of the Senate! This is far from being a facilitator to manage the effectiveness and operation of this elected body. Where is the representative Democracy when the elected opinions of 534 elected officials from 50 states cannot do their work representing their constituents because of one Senator from Nevada?

(Harry Reid is age 74, a member of the House of Representatives from 1983-1987, and a Senator from 1987 through the present, with his current term expiring in 2017, and he is planning on seeking reelection for another 6 years then!)

A lifelong "public servant", his current salary is $193,400 per year. His estimated net worth is between $3.3 and $10.3 million. Draw your own conclusions.

Harry Reid's idea of Senate leadership is apparently to block all congressional activity that does not meet his personal political and Democratic Party needs. Apparently the needs or opinions of the "represented" masses who elect members of Congress are not a concern or consideration for Harry Reid's leadership "style"!
Brad Bodie
Skrain

Post by Skrain »

Of course, Boehner hasn't exactly been Mr. Facilitator himself... :banghead:
1964 Monza Spyder Turbo Convertible.
1949 Ford 8N Tractor
2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4X4 Pickup
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Perhaps that places the very structure of both houses of Congress in question, when two people — the Speaker of the House, and the Senate Majority Leader, have so much power that the voices of the elected members of Congress are often effectively blocked. But at least the House of Representatives has often debated, proposed, and voted upon numerous bills. The Senate is supposed to, in turn, debate and consider the bills submitted by the House, and submit counter-proposals, modifications, etc. until the two Congressional bodies can come to an agreement that will pass in both chambers of Congress. But how many times have you simply heard Harry Reid declare a bill proposed by the House as "dead on arrival", where he simply places it in his desk and refuses to permit the Senate to debate it, or to develop a counter proposal? He apparently will not permit the 99 Senators under his control to act upon any proposed bill that he personally doesn't like. This makes him a one-man Senate, who possesses the only opinion that matters.

The approximate population of the United States is 317,609,000. The population of Nevada is approximately 2,700,551. Nevada is ranked 35 out of 50 states in population. By comparison Los Angeles county alone has 9,818,605 people. The Senate is simply made up of two representatives per state. The House of Representatives is more closely tied to population. But our system of representation has been corrupted when one man from one small state can effectively prevent the opinions of the entire country from being considered. The leader of each Congressional body should only have the power to effectively administer and facilitate the work of their individual group — ensuring that the voices of the elected members are heard and considered. That is NOT what is occurring in the Senate! And if either leadership position is corrupted where the person who holds that position of responsibility prevents the work of Congress from being accomplished, that individual should be removed from power and replaced.
Brad Bodie
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

My wife & I have H&R block do our taxes & they had an estimate for health insurance & a phone number to call which turned out to be Blue Cross/Blue Shield & in 10 min. I had my wife signed up, 50 to 80% off prescriptions with a $10.00 co-pay for Dr. visits & a $175.00 yearly deductable for $70.00 a month for the Silver plan. Our income is my SS, my wife has no income so our estimated 2014 income is $22,000 which they base the plan on. If I were you I would call your state BC/BS office & see what they have to offer. My wife's plan is supposed to be in effect by May 1st.. Looked all over for that number we called but cannot find it, sorry. By the way, I don't vote for any of those A-HOLES but I like that TP. We know what happens in countries that have a dicktater. :) When you're ready to storm the White House let me know!!
Did find the number, we called H&R Block at 1-800-472-5625 & they asked what state & transfered the call for us.

64Powerglide
Last edited by 64powerglide on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

Obamacare HAS done a couple good things. It has allowed my wife to get on the same plan as me and the kids. Up until now she was denied because she had an acute back injury that resolved in four weeks but we applied for new health insurance during that time and she got blacklisted from that point forward as a preexisting condition despite that it had been resolved for years.

It has also lowered the cost of insurance for the oldest 1/3 of Americans. Unfortunately this was accomplished by raising the rates on the younger 2/3. I myself saw my plan cancelled and it's replacement (to get the same coverage) costs me over twice as much as before. Fortunately I can afford it but alot of my friends can't and they now have plans with insane deductibles $10-15k.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
Nick
Ragtop Man

Post by Ragtop Man »

$ 600 million for a website that doesn't work and does not have a working check out system . Imagine going to Ebay and the Paypal function is non existent or Amazon and not being able to check out . What happened to all of that money for a total boondoggle ? I'm hearing it went to one of Michelle's college friends' company and now another company has been hired to take it over called Accenture (which also has a shoddy history and seems to be the kind of companies our leader always give contracts to) .I doubt there'll ever be an investigation . I met a girl who worked for Accenture during mardi gras down here and she still thinks Obama and obamacare are just the best thing to ever happen to the human race . I'm amazed at how many liberals I meet who are so intelligent in one way and totally inept when it comes to the liar in the white house and the damage he 's doing . I heard a guy on a talk show the other day who called in and is losing his coverage . He has an auto immune disorder that requires an expensive treatment every six weeks plus daily oral meds . He is desperately searching for a company that will take him on and after several months has gotten no good answer . Hmm, where are CNN , msnbc , CBS etc etc ? Complete indifference to these types of stories . There are now multiple former employees of these news services that now work directly for their messiah . I saw that the WH said the other day that the actions Snowden will cause damage for decades to come but this describes the acts of our current administration to me .

Article about Accenture :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[/From the link above :
Federal officials have also on occasion criticized the company’s integrity. The U.S. Postal Service Inspector General’s Office wrote in June that Accenture had “demonstrated an absence of business ethics” and said that the agency should consider terminating the firm’s more than $200 million in contracts. The office cited in part a 2011 settlement with the Justice Department in which Accenture paid $63 million to resolve alle­gations of what the government called “kickbacks” and “bid-
rigging” in numerous federal contracts. The company denied wrongdoing in the case.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Ragtop Man wrote:...I heard a guy on a talk show the other day who called in and is losing his coverage...Hmm, where are CNN , msnbc , CBS etc etc ? Complete indifference to these types of stories...
As Harry Reid stated in one of his carefully-crafted diatribes a short time ago:

Brad Bodie
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Almost 24 hours later and I am still waiting ____ and waiting ___ and waiting___ and waiting for the email confirmation :dontknow:

So I tried to call again this morning -- the recorded message said to expect about a 20 minute wait to talk to someone .

So of course I tried to log on with my assigned user name and password and of course that wouldn't work . :banghead:

At least I got to learn some Spanish :rolling:

Too bad Ebay isn't handling Obama-care ::-):
Attachments
health silly.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Unbelievable -- now when I call I do not even get the option to hold or leave my number for a call back.

It just says they are too busy and to call back later -- GOODBYE :dontknow:

Like I said - I am not very political but this really is one of the stupidest things I have encountered while doing what I am supposed to do to avoid a penalty .

At least Obama has time to pick the brackets for sports events .

Crap - Barrack and Michelle should be taking my call since it was his crazy idea .

If Alaska ever votes to secede from the Union you can sign me up !

So of course I tried to start over and re-register but now it says my account is locked out . It's like a bad dream but I know I'm not asleep !
Attachments
caveman.jpg
caveman.jpg (59.03 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

I will NEVER sign up for this community Take over Plan! :angry:
Last edited by davemotohead on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic”