toyota corolla a/c

Humor, Politics, etc...
Akinon93

toyota corolla a/c

Post by Akinon93 »

so, funny story for everyone!

long story short, my mom had a boyfriend a few years ago, he was a manager at a large mazda dealership (part of a large automall). anyways, he gets my mom an amazing deal on a 2004 toyota corolla (and later a camry), which looks perfect and runs perfect except a few slight things apparently, not that I've really noticed anything strange lol. well, of course, other than the lack of a/c...about a year later she sold me the car for $1,000 and got the camry. now the car had the evaporator and condensor (I believe those were the parts, not compressor) replaced with brand new parts, as well as I assume valves services and fuse replaced.

well, fast forward to now, I'm sick and tired of hot days in the car! even the corvair is WAY cooler, at least while moving, because of the side vents! so I'm diagnosing it with my dad...well, compressor isn't stuck, it will move, but won't click on when a/c is turned on. I think I see some liquid seeping out of the high pressure valve, so I get a kit ($8 from autozone for multiple valves and caps, not a bad deal at all), but sadly don't have tools to really do the job. so, set it aside. then, tonight, messing around with it, I had this crazy notion to replace the fuse (or is it a relay? idk) in the box by the battery. the horn fuse is the same fuse so I put that one in and, what do ya know, it fired right on up!

all these years, all the suffering in hot humid weather, and it was a $10 fix that should have been my first thing to test...lol
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: toyota corolla a/c

Post by Scott H »

Hahaha, Well at least you have ac now. Enjoy it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Good story :tu:
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Akinon93

Post by Akinon93 »

Haha i felt exactly like homer. Apparently my mom's ex had replaced the fuse, but he probably didnt do it as he was shop manager he probably had his employees do the work. And the fuse was probably replaced first, and something else they did (maybe condensor did actually fix the real problem it was having but somehow the guys blew the fuse in the process (i mean who knows what all electrical they messed with). Idk, idc, i have ac now!

And a flat tire...well at least we have a hookup on cheap tires and an old coats changer/newet balancer in the garage haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Corvair Forum mobile app

Return to “Off Topic”