Custom VW Camper

Humor, Politics, etc...
Danny Joe

Custom VW Camper

Post by Danny Joe »

Anybody know anything about this, I saw it on Facebook, there wasn't anything else with it.
VW stretch camper van.jpg
VW stretch camper van.jpg (27.02 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
'64 Spyder Convertible
'63 Rampside (to be Rotisseried)
Toney, Alabama (just outside Huntsville)
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Custom VW Camper

Post by bbodie52 »

:google: :search: for "custom volkswagen stretch camper" produced this result...

Top Ten VW Campervan Limos

6. VW Bay/Beetle Limousine

Residing in the South Dakota this custom, six-wheeled limo has been constructed from a number of VW campers and a VW beetle. Seating up to to 12 passengers the limo is used for tours, weddings and special events.
Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Post subject: Limo Bus Update.

Well, it's taken a couple of years, but finally the limo is out of surgery and in the later stages of rehab. As many of you surely imagine, the kinks are still being ironed out. That said, however, it actually drives pretty nice, though without a doubt a good bit underpowered. It's 1903cc VW power-plant (I'll detail the engine more below) pushes her along at about 55-60 on flat ground. As soon as there is any incline this speed is greatly reduced. All in all it actually does better then I expected it to do. Early on, as many of you predicted, I acknowledged our budget was not going to get the job done. Shit I think I may have spent 10 grand on nuts and bolts. Also as was discussed above, I knew this custom beast came with the risk of failure. With that, I decided if anything I could come out with a vast knowledge of buses, that this bus was a great canvass for learning. As some of you probably determined, I had little to no experience with most of the tasks associated with bus restoration, matter or less a one off custom frankenstein bus. One of the coolest parts of the VW cult is their willingness to share their experience and knowledge. Dubheads love for air-cooled vehicles is unprecedented. Honestly, this project would never have succeeded with out that love. The last two+ years I've been pretty silent on here, but that doesn't mean I wasn't on hear tapping the vast knowledge of this wonderful community. Seriously, the first and biggest thanks for help is to all of you on here. I've never done body work, painting or mechanics, and it was on here that I learned how. I seriously can't put to words the appreciation I have for some of the individuals on here that take hours to share their expertise for free. Guys like Matt K. that not only describe, but photodocument the process. It's a priceless resource of rookies like myself. Honestly, I can't even begin to guess how much time I spent on here researching thousands of topics. The biggest thanks goes out to this community! There are many other local NW VW people that deserve huge thanks and praise as well, including Ken (The Bus Co.), Scott (local Bellingham VW expert), and Tim (engine builder, Tim's ACVW).

:link: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... ?p=6228005

:link: http://www.vwcamperhire.com/blog/top-te ... van-limos/

Click on the above link for all ten and some brief descriptions. Here are a few samples...

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Here is one that I thought for sure was a computer generated cartoon vehicle... but its real!!!
:not worthy: The builder has an incredible amount of talent, skill and imagination!
If he could mass-produce these they would sell like hotcakes!!!
:clap:
:link: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/they-d ... tthis.html
They Don’t Get More Cartoonish Than This Highly-Customized VW Bus

In fact, the vehicle you see here shouldn’t even be called a VW, since it only uses suspension bits from a 1965 Type 2 van, while most of the rest is hand-built from steel.

It still runs a modified air-cooled flat-four engine too, with a supercharger making it push out around 200 hp – the shiny engine is fully exposed at the back.

Called the Surf Seeker, the vehicle is the work of Ron Berry whom we were not able to track down on the web in order to confirm this… It features a unique way to get inside, via an Isetta bubble car-like side-opening hatch that peels away the entire front end to grant access.

There’s not much more we can say (or know) about it, but it sure looks cool riding on its clearly oversized 24-inch rims… Check it out via the selection of videos posted below!

::-): Just gazing at this creation brings on a sense of joy and a series of smiles. Every angle, every detail brings out thoughts like: "why didn't I think of that!" But even if you could imagine such a vehicle, how many could turn their imagination into such a well-crafted, beautifully detailed masterpiece??? PURE GENIUS!!! :whoa:

Incredible Surf Seeker 1965 VW Shortened Bus at the Grand National Roadster Show
Mustang Connection
Published on Feb 17, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h16CqjaQ6tM

Incredible Surf Seeker 1965 VW Shortened Bus at the Grand National Roadster Show owner interview with Ron Berry. Oh ya he also designed and built it in 17 months....by himself!

============================================================================

DESIGNED — BUILT — HAND CRAFTED
by RON BERRY

Originally from Long Beach, California, but now "retired" and living in Saint George, Utah

:funnypost: :thewave: :funnypost:
:jawdrop:
Brad Bodie
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:rolling:
Brad Bodie
Danny Joe

Post by Danny Joe »

Those are great, Brad! Got any of Corvairs, cars and FCs both? :cool: ::-):
'64 Spyder Convertible
'63 Rampside (to be Rotisseried)
Toney, Alabama (just outside Huntsville)
reidmier
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by reidmier »

Saw these on Saturday at the Swiss Days car show in Santa Clara, UT.
Reid M.
Washington, UT.
'65 Monza 110 PG

http://www.hacoa.org/
http://www.vegasvairs.com/

Return to “Off Topic”