Chinese Wabasto Heater FOUND!

Need to know how? Want to show how?
66vairguy

Re: Chinese Wabasto Heater FOUND!

Post by 66vairguy »

jetcat - If you haven't done it, you might consider changing the tail lamps bulbs to LED. I have all four tail lamps wired as stop and run. All four used about 8Amps. With the running and brake lamp filaments on the four bulbs were using about 10 Amps! The LED's reduced that considerably, to about 1/2 Amp.
jetcat

Post by jetcat »

66vairguy wrote:jetcat - If you haven't done it, you might consider changing the tail lamps bulbs to LED. I have all four tail lamps wired as stop and run. All four used about 8Amps. With the running and brake lamp filaments on the four bulbs were using about 10 Amps! The LED's reduced that considerably, to about 1/2 Amp.
I thought about using LEDs but when I started researching bulbs, it was overwhelming with all the choices. Do you have recommendations for the 1156 & 1157 bulbs and flasher? Saving the current of incandescent bulbs would be beneficial in my case.

Bob Wilcox
Paso Robles, CA

1966 Turbo Corsa Convertible
1966 140 Corsa Coupe

jetcat

Post by jetcat »

66vairguy wrote:jetcat - If you haven't done it, you might consider changing the tail lamps bulbs to LED. I have all four tail lamps wired as stop and run. All four used about 8Amps. With the running and brake lamp filaments on the four bulbs were using about 10 Amps! The LED's reduced that considerably, to about 1/2 Amp.
Never mind, just saw your post on the LED lights......

Bob Wilcox
Paso Robles, CA

1966 Turbo Corsa Convertible
1966 140 Corsa Coupe

TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

:banghead: The link says this item has been removed.....

Return to “DIY - Explanations and Demonstrations”