rampside condom

All Models and Years
joe moore

rampside condom

Post by joe moore »

Need suggestions on glueing ramp rubber Clark's rubber hard to work with thanks joe
1962 rampside #3957
mrhvair

Re: rampside condom

Post by mrhvair »

I used the clarks glue, but added double sided 3m autobody tape to help keep it in place while the glue dried. So far so good.... not sure what others have done.
Mike Hall
Corsa Central Division Director
Corsa President
CPF President
joe moore

Post by joe moore »

How many rampside guys have used the 3m body tape and does it last joe
1962 rampside #3957
Chi2

Post by Chi2 »

Hi Joe,

If it helps, most of the modern plastic bed rail caps, including tailgate caps, use the double-sided body tape. They are plastic though, so I'm not sure that the 3M body tape would work as well. I will probably be using a spray on rubber glue. Maybe even weatherstrip adhesive. That stuff is pretty strong..

Does anyone know what brand rubber glue Clark's sells?

I am trying to figure out a good way to cut the rubber. I did a test cut with a knife, but my line came our wavy. The Clark's rubber is thick! What did you use to cut it down to size?
1964 Greenbrier, 4sp
1961 Rampside, 110hp engine
Corventure Dave

Post by Corventure Dave »

Cut the boot with a single edge razor blade. Be careful and cut straight. Remember... it is beter to cut the boot too long then correct it, than to cut it too short.

Weatherstrip adhesive works. I use Black from 3M. Also rough up the rubber before applying glue. I used a plank and several clamps to hold the Boot in place as the glue dried overnight.

Corventure Dave
joe moore

Post by joe moore »

Hi Dave how's the weather up in venture anyway I was thinking of using the type of 3m tape the auto companies use to attach their. Body side moulding anybody have a though about that joe
1962 rampside #3957

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”