Phoenix Metro Area Corvair Owners

91turbo2

Re: Phoenix Metro Area Corvair Owners

Post by 91turbo2 »

To those in th Phoenix/Glendale area.... Where is the best shop to get new foam and covers for my seats? I checked a couple of places and they want to charge around $800-$1000. Seems ok but not sure what that buys me.
1964 Ford F250
1965 Corvair Monza
aelliott

Post by aelliott »

I have a pair of 140 heads that need the valves touched up. Can anyone recommend a good shop for this? I am in Mesa, but anywhere in the valley or even Tucson is OK. Thanks,
Andy Elliott
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

aelliott wrote:I have a pair of 140 heads that need the valves touched up. Can anyone recommend a good shop for this? I am in Mesa, but anywhere in the valley or even Tucson is OK. Thanks,
Andy Elliott
Sorry for the late reply. I've always used S&S Machine in Mesa on Rodgers between DObson and Alma School. Ask for Todd. I'm sure there are other shops around too since so many sandrails use Vair engines.
480-4649385
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Corvair Lover's Cruise-In @ K-Mart Mesa AZ

Post by azdave »

FYI,

I'm putting together an informal meet at the local Saturday night crusie-in spot just east of the Superstion Springs Mall in the K-Mart parking lot.

Saturday Dec 29th from roughly 3:30-6:30 PM (or later depending on the crowd and weather).

I'll have both my V8 and 4-DR there and several Cactus Corvair members will also be there. This is a very informal show for any vehicle in any condition. If you have a drivable Corvair thern bring it out along with a lawn chair. No entry or registration required.

More info here.
http://www.cactuscorvairclub.com/k-mart ... -show.html
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
PHX65CorsaHT

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

Dave thanks for posting the informal corvair cruise in. Probably wont make it as my dash is apart (aka steering wheel in my lap) for tach fix. Not sure when it will be done.
Check out some pictures I took at the last sanctioned corvair meet in Phoenix in October. There were some sweet rides there.
Attachments
DSC09916.JPG
DSC09922.JPG
DSC09926.JPG
DSC09918.JPG
DSC09921.JPG
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
sam60

Post by sam60 »

Hi to all of the Phoenix area Corvair people. I lived there for 13 years a long time ago and in my early 20's I worked in a sheet metal shop for a guy named Bill Fuller. He was a Corvair guy and I didn't get it back then. Anyone know of him? I would sure like to talk to him if he is still around.

Thanks!
140-4 carb w/transaxle - Traded for a guitar

69 Wayne 100 - Blue Water hull - sitting out back
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Anyone see the Evening Orchid LM in the Fiesta Bowl Parade today? I recorded the show from the local TV station but they went to commercial just as the "100 Years of Chevrolet" featured cars were coming into view.

After the commercial break I saw about a 1/2 second of John Priddy in his beautiful 65 Monza convertible. It looked like he had someone sitting up on the folded top waving but the stupid station identification logo blocked the lower right corner of my screen.

Hopefully John had a good time at the event. My girlfriend and I are taking our Corvairs to the local car show in about an hour and John is supposed to meet us there so I'll find out more about the parade.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

K-Mart Cruise-in Report

Post by azdave »

azdave wrote: My girlfriend and I are taking our Corvairs to the local car show in about an hour and John is supposed to meet us there so I'll find out more about the parade.

John must have been tired from being at the parade all morning so he did not make the K-Mart show. In fact, only three people showed up with Corvairs. :(
There were maybe a hundred other classic cars in attendance throughout the evening so it was a very nice time.

At the show I met a gentleman from Sweden who wants to do a magazine article on my V8 and sedan so we met him yesterday for some photos.
Attachments
PC290081.JPG
PC290079.JPG
P1010100.JPG
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
Vair-8

Post by Vair-8 »

What a great honor ! Like to see that article when it comes out.
Charles Troutman Sr.
Charles Troutman Jr.
Glendale, AZ

66 Vair-8
68 Vair-8
65 Convertible
Corvair Society Of America Member "Corsa"
V-8 Registry Member
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

FYI...

On Saturday Feb 16th Cactus Corvair Club is holding their annual Tech Session and Cookout. We will meet again this year at my place in Gilbert around 2 PM and the topic will be balancing Corvair carburetors. We will leave a three hour window for tech talk and working on cars and then around 5 we'll start the cookout and finish up around 7 PM. This is a pitch-in meal and club members as well as guests are invited. If you can only make the tech session or only make the meal that is fine. This is a casual event and you don't have to spend the entire time with us.

More details here.
http://www.cactuscorvairclub.com/tech-s ... okout.html

I've also just updated the club calendar with many new events for this spring. Once again, you don't have to be a club member to join us as a guest at our activities. We have a Lost Dutchman State Park outing planned in early April and a Route 66 cruise event planned for early May.
http://www.cactuscorvairclub.com/upcoming-events.html
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
scottydont

Post by scottydont »

aelliott wrote:I have a pair of 140 heads that need the valves touched up. Can anyone recommend a good shop for this? I am in Mesa, but anywhere in the valley or even Tucson is OK. Thanks,
Andy Elliott
If you haven't found a place yet, give King Balancing a try. They used to do all my VW machine work, as well as my fathers when he was drag racing. Not sure about now, but they used to specialize in dirt track engines and really knew their stuff from a performance standpoint.
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

If anyone is interested I'll have two Corvairs at the Hot Wheels Car Show tonight near US 60 and Gilbert Rd. This is a very lightly attended event for real cars but lots of Hot Wheels cars and racing is there for the kids. We'll be watching a 5-year old tonight and he loves to go there so it's my excuse to go to another cruise-in. ::-):

I'll try to get a few other Cactus Corvair Club people there too. This is a very laid back show. If you have a Corvair and it's drivable bring it on out. Plenty of people bring out their unfinished project cars so don't feel like a daily driver isn't welcome.

Event Info:

What: Hobby Town Cruise & Toy Car Event
When: Every Friday Night 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
Where: 1915 E. Baseline Road. Gilbert, AZ 85233.

Buy, Sell, Trade and Race Hot Wheels on our 40+ foot Track! With a car cruise-in and more! Contact Kirk Smith at kirk@kmjdiecast.com or 480-621-7765 http://www.hobbytowncruise.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
truckdriver

Post by truckdriver »

Hello folks I baught a covair for a friend n florida who now can't come up with money so I'd like to get with someone to sell it or help me rebuild
toytron

Post by toytron »

Give some more info. Location, year, VIN, pictures etc.

Ed Stevenson
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

toytron wrote:Give some more info. Location, year, VIN, pictures etc.

Ed Stevenson
He posted photos in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1881&p=83854#p83854

It should really be listed on Phoenix Craigslist with some engine pictures and more detailed exterior shots and underside photos. No one is going to get excited about what has been posted so far. It looks like a $1000 car at best based upon the info provided. If the engine has been rebuilt there should be receipts available or at least pictures of a very clean engine above and below. All I can see is dual exhaust. Is it a 140 or a 110 with duals?

Phoenix is a huge place. What side of town are you on? The local Corvair club meets this Wednesday in Chandler at Earnhardt Chevrolet.
http://www.cactuscorvairclub.com/
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
63coupe

Post by 63coupe »

Is this thread still active haha?! I just got my first corvair a 63 coupe in pretty good shape.. looking to meet some other corvair guys in Phoenix area!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app

Return to “Corvairs in Central Arizona”