13" Wire hubcap needed

Having trouble finding that special part you need? Post a wanted ad.
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
PreyDrive

13" Wire hubcap needed

Post by PreyDrive »

Looking for these if anyone has one (or more!)
Attachments
A1EA1BA1-1E90-4BB2-A250-84E09EC42A01.JPG
gbullman

Re: 13" Wire hubcap needed

Post by gbullman »

Where are you located? I know of an individual in NJ that is selling a set. I bought my current wheels from him and he is good to deal with.
Gary Bullman
66 Corsa Convertible
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I can make one available at Helen Ga.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
PreyDrive

Post by PreyDrive »

I am in Jupiter, FL and willing to pay for shipping. How much for the one in Helen? Can you provide the contact for the person in NJ?
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I think I have about 14 of them. One set has the black painted red, one set has the black repainted and one is original used.
I've got Corvair repair jobs coming out of my ears so it's hard to find the time to look through parts and make a box but I am trying to downsize.
I suppose $30 and up apiece for pricing plus shipping.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

PreyDrive wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:15 am I am in Jupiter, FL and willing to pay for shipping. How much for the one in Helen? Can you provide the contact for the person in NJ?
I live in Savannah. I have a few sets torn apart for Scott Morehead to clean and put best parts on the first ones then slowly use up next best parts on the remaining covers. I have 6 apart. I just pulled the parts out to start the general cleaning (not full polishing) on Sunday, so I can have 2 or 3 ready for him for Helen. There will be many wires and center holders in good shape, but the covers are rashed up and not worth putting together.

So, et me get the best one together and see what Scott wants for it. He live close to Charleston, and we communicate a few times a year on items. I will alert him to your request and get him spooled up.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

Dishwasher. No need to disassemble! :tu: :chevy: :dogrun: :dogrun: :dogrun: :dogrun: :dogrun:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I had to disassemble to get tar off some of them and get the best parts together on one complete cover. After the first one is built, I will start a couple by using best remaining parts, until I can't make any covers worth assembling. Due to heavy damage to the basic cover I suspect I will make 3 with road rash that can be used as daily driver covers. I wish I had 3 more good basic covers and spinners to make a full set.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

That's true, the dishwasher does not make all the best parts magically get on one cover! :think: And the rims are the most curb-rashed pieces. Hard to get good ones from cars that were driven. :chevy:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

It turns out I only had 11 of the 13". Out of the 3 odd ones I've sold 2. The remaining one has a little dent in the outer ring but is otherwise okay.
With the 2 sets I have left, one set has the black portion painted red, the other set is usual. $40 each plus 40 for packing plus 40 for USPS would be $240. There I've gone and said it. Of course I would prefer to sell them to someone on hand so there's no risk of different interpretations of condition.
I also have a set that must be 14" that have no center so I'm not sure what they're from. I shall have to investigate one of these days.
I've also got parts from someone taking them apart.
I want so much to get rid of stuff I'm not going to use but it all takes so much time... Maybe if I didn't spend so much time here...
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
swi66

Post by swi66 »

I have a set of 4 wire wheel covers, missing one spinner.
Not perfect, but good
"driver" quality, meaning some marks along edges.
These have been dis-assembled, cleaned, painted.

I am short one spinner.

$350 plus shipping

Also have a few individual wires, missing spinners, but cleaned and painted
$70

Gary Swiatowy
Gasport, NY
Attachments
IMG_9207.JPG
IMG_9208.JPG
IMG_9209.JPG
IMG_9210.JPG
IMG_9211.JPG
IMG_9218.JPG
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

Preydrive, I tried to send you a PM this morning. But system doesn't show any record of it. This is, I assume, because you haven't posted 10 posts yet. Until you accomplish this , we can't communicate and work to get you a wheel cover.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I believe it's preydrive who's getting 2 wheel covers from me, one for 30 and one for $40. Making a box and shipping on top of that gets expensive.
I have 2 more sets, one black background and one red. It's hard for me to find the time to get them out for photos and all so I keep wishing someone local will get them. But I am trying to downsize...
I don't even like them myself, the weight offends my racing sensibilities. The do look good though.
I've got one more single with a rash and a set of 14" needing center spinners or something. Also a 62 or 63 2-bar single.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

Ok. I am out of this discussion.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
PreyDrive

Post by PreyDrive »

Thanks all, I got in contact with a seller from this forum and we have closed the loop on this. Very much appreciate all the help from everyone!!!

Return to “Parts Wanted”