Smokin' Deals!

(Corvair ads you find on other sites can also be discussed here, i.e. ebay, craigslist.)
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
Trip

Re: Smokin' Deals!

Post by Trip »

Damnit Flat6_musik!!!!! Now you've gone and done it, looks like it's coming to the East Coast!!!!!! Just got home from the bank, I'm approved for a loan big enough to pay for the car and move it here to NE PA.

Sent the "I'll take it" (contingent on confirmation of turbo VIN) email an hour ago, the suspense is KILLING me!!!
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!......hey, I can no longer drag home all the crazy sh** I love and want, but......I CAN STILL CORRUPT!! :evil: Actually, these are the cool deals I would definitely move on if I could. I've got about 6 or 7 project cars already and the guillotine awaits if #8 arrives, trust me.....

I really wanna see ya'll score, truthfully! I sure as hell wouldn't wanna see some dude yank that drivetrain for a buggy and trash the body.....that'd be sad. BTW, you DID see that it's got a (supposedly) rebuilt turbo/carb AND a Saginaw?? :tu:
Trip

Post by Trip »

My "smokin' deal" was hampered by transportation cost from CA to the east end of PA..... so not quite the bargain for me it would be for a local.... but still I'm getting a turbo car with a fresh turbo for about 2K total.

I checked the body tag, it is an original turbo car, and the block also has the correct turbo code.

Only problem is the "Paint" is listed as N-N on the body tag, in 66' that was Madeira Maroon (I assume 65 is the same) and I hate that color!!!!!!!!!

It's really not a horrible color, but the one Maroon Vair' I had was kinda in need of a repaint and a good friend of mine called it "shit brown".... made me sad =(

So now I have to debate whether to paint it...... ah heck with that. I'm painting it a color I like and if I need I'll paint it maroon if/when the time comes to sell it hehe! I have a bright red Corsa, will soon have a custom Yellow Corsa (putting it together for dad now but its in my name), I'm thinking black... either black or light blue metallic....

Light blue metallic hides my inferior bodywork skills far better, but black will be much easier to deal with if I ever need to paint it maroon in the future.... hmmmm...

My fiance' is NOT happy LOL.... "but hunny... it's an investment in our future!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
64 Monza Convertible
Trip

Post by Trip »

just waiting on him to check the floors for rust now...... the seller is super nice and has said a few subtle things that make me pretty confident he is a really honest guy like me.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
64 Monza Convertible
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Grymm wrote:My fiance' is NOT happy LOL.... "but hunny... it's an investment in our future!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Heh heh.....I wore out that line lonngggg ago.....lol. My new lines have to keep "morphing" with the times. My latest line is "I really don't even want this thing.....it's just that I have a chance to make some super easy money on it". Then......about a year later when she expects it to be sold, comes the line "hey, you know....it's not easy to sell in this economy, unless you want me to GIVE it away"......LMAO :dontknow:
Grymm wrote:just waiting on him to check the floors for rust now...... the seller is super nice and has said a few subtle things that make me pretty confident he is a really honest guy like me.
Yeah, how the ad was written it seemed like the guy was articulate and pretty straightforward/honest.

Congrats to you if you get it Grymm......gotta keep all the goodies "in the family" here.....lol
Trip

Post by Trip »

Thanks =) It is official, it's bought and paid for!!! I'm now the proud owner of FOUR Corvairs, three of them are Corsa Coupes!

I use a small friendly bank (the kind where you sit with your loan officer who actually knows you face to face) and they told me a while back that the banks had FINALLY caught up with the times and got the whole check clearing thing straightened out. Out of state checks now clear as fast as any.

We like the idea of a personal check because it goes bank account to bank account. tied to identities which makes it better than a cashiers check or money order these days....

Anyway point is I scanned and emailed the guy a copy of the check front and back before I dropped it in the mail. he took the printout to his bank and they checked funds in my account and cleared it within a few minutes for him. His bank told him it was safe to go ahead and ship the car.... just like that! And free! No wire transfer or Paypal fees!

So anyway, here I am, dancing a Jig... I've got a turbo Corsa!!!!!!! It won't see the road till at LEAST next spring if for no other reason than I am stealing the seats and some other stuff out of it for my other 65' Corsa and will have to replace them... but I think I might take my time and do this one up really nice.

By the way, the trunk floor is a bit soft, but the underside of this car is the cleanest I've ever seen on a non-show car... it's not even uniform surface rust... about half of the underside is still paint!!!!!! That windshield rust is gonna be a job though, not much looking forward to that.

Anyway thanks for posting the deal, I never did see it on the site mash for some reason.

Well I emailed this guy a
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
64 Monza Convertible
Vair-8

Post by Vair-8 »

Sounds great, post some pictures. You need to add the new corsa to your signature.
Charles Troutman Sr.
Charles Troutman Jr.
Glendale, AZ

66 Vair-8
68 Vair-8
65 Convertible
Corvair Society Of America Member "Corsa"
V-8 Registry Member
Trip

Post by Trip »

Thanks, I'll post pics as soon as it arrives. I won't be able to get to work on it for a couple months at least, I have to finish putting the "other" 65 Corsa coupe together first, then do some fixin' on the 63', and restore our utility trailer first.

In the meantime here is a direct link to the pics from the seller =) The undercarriage, trim tag, and VIN pics were taken at my request.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1058000912 ... directlink#

If everything is as advertised the car runs great aside from a blown diff. I could have it together in no time but I'm probably going to take my time with her a bit. Her name is Maybelline. (All my cars are named after songs).
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
64 Monza Convertible
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Congrats!!!! :woo:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Trip

Post by Trip »

My turbo car is scheduled to be loaded on a truck today and headed my way! The seller is an awesome guy, check this out... he sent it as a surprise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHe3dFDN ... ata_player

I should have the car in a week or so!
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
64 Monza Convertible
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Hey, that's really neat! I'd be excited, that's for sure! Dash/gauges are really nice too.
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Grymm wrote:My turbo car is scheduled to be loaded on a truck today and headed my way! The seller is an awesome guy, check this out... he sent it as a surprise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHe3dFDN ... ata_player

I should have the car in a week or so!
That was cool. Cant wait to see more of this one when it gets home. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Vair-8

Post by Vair-8 »

Yeah, really cool!! Make you feel good.
Charles Troutman Sr.
Charles Troutman Jr.
Glendale, AZ

66 Vair-8
68 Vair-8
65 Convertible
Corvair Society Of America Member "Corsa"
V-8 Registry Member
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

Well I think I am going to buy this one. It is rust free, non runner, straight. I don't think I can let it go.
CF3.JPG
CF2.JPG
CF1.JPG
CF4.JPG
What do you guys think? 600.00
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

looks pretty good.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

Funny thing is my brother owned this car 17 years ago. He sold to this guy who drove it til 2005. Then it has been sittiing since. It would be real easy to get back on the road, and I just think somebody should save it.
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside

Return to “Vehicles For Sale”