Looking for Mechanical help in Pittsburgh or surrounding are

All Models and Years
DROPPEDATBIRTH

Looking for Mechanical help in Pittsburgh or surrounding are

Post by DROPPEDATBIRTH »

So my plans of getting my 63 Panel back on the road this year have yet again fallen through. I have boxes of New parts but with work and a house remodel I have not found the time. My other dilemma is I only have a crushed stone driveway to work in now as my new house does not have a garage.

I am looking to pay someone to help me get the van on the road so that I can at least drive it a few times before summers end. I could take it to a regular mechanic and I have spoken to a few about the job but it is amazing that most of them do not want to work on it. I do however understand because it is not a in and out situation, plus I would rather give my money to another Corvair lover. I am looking for someone that I can drop the van off and have the work completed. I am a pretty mechanically inclined guy so I would be more than happy to take a Saturday or Sunday off to get the project completed quicker, I just need some help.

This is what I need done.

Front end rebuilt: I bought a 64 front end, it is mostly disassembled, I have new upper and lower ball joints and bushings, tie rod ends and sleeves and all the new hardware, I also have new shocks.

Front and rear brakes: I have new shoes and brake cylinders, soft brake lines and a new master cylinder. I may need new hard lines but a closer look is needed. I can order these from Clarks but I would not be opposed to someone making them if they know what they are doing.

Shifter and gas tank: I have all the parts to convert the 63 linkage to the 64 along with a refurbished 64 holy gas tank completed by the Corvair Ranch. I have a new sending unit, filler hoses, O-rings, locking rings, ect. I also have the Rafee electric fuel pump conversion and block off kit.

Tune up: I have new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ect. I would like to do an oil change while there and also a valve adjustment and set timing.

All the parts were bought from Either Rafee or the Corvair Ranch. Cash is King, respond to me if you are interested, I live in Blairsville currently but I am moving back to Sewickley so anywhere around the Pittsburgh Area will be fine with me. :helpsos:

Thank you,

Dustin
Dustin
Sewickley, PA
"63 Corvair Panel"

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”