VOTE - Corvair of the Month May 2016

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month May 2016

dagdal1967
36%
monza66mo
28%
pete
36%

Total votes: 36

Scott H
Site Admin

VOTE - Corvair of the Month May 2016

Post by Scott H »

Voting Now Open :chevy:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
dagdal1967
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: ENTER - Corvair of the Month May 2016

Post by dagdal1967 »

Since I'm going to be getting her back, why not enter her in the running for may!

Here's my 1964 Palomar Red Monza Club Coupe. I'm the 4th and 6th owner (long story). I got the car July 2013 when I flew out to Charlotte and drove it back to Dallas. Since then I've redone much of the tired interior (although the seats are original), ran through all the electrical and replaced the fuse block and harness, as well as replaced or refreshed a lot of the suspension. In 2015 I added a Clark's A/C kit along with an original under-dash control and vent unit that I refurbished myself.

here's a link to a little video I did when I was selling it. (Before I bought it back!)

Hope you like!
What a profile. She could be in pictures
What a profile. She could be in pictures
3/4 Shot not bad either
3/4 Shot not bad either
IMG_0042.jpg
Front trunk with AC parts and new washer/wiper
Front trunk with AC parts and new washer/wiper
Original Washer bottle still attached
Original Washer bottle still attached
Engine bay with AC
Engine bay with AC
Brightwork refreshed as well
Brightwork refreshed as well
New door panels and arm rests
New door panels and arm rests
The cockpit!
The cockpit!
The under-dash AC unit with paint that matches the body
The under-dash AC unit with paint that matches the body
Back seats with speakers peeking out
Back seats with speakers peeking out
Clean engine bay
Clean engine bay
Hood mounted AC.
Hood mounted AC.
Doug Gault
Fort Worth, Texas

- 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium
- 1964 Palomar Red Corvair 900 Monza Club Coupe
- 1961 Lincoln Continental

The Air Cooled Addiction Continues...
monza66mo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by monza66mo »

A lot of people aren't fond of 4 door cars and I wasn't either until I got this '66 Sport Sedan. It was sort of a barn find that I heard about from my barber. When I went to look at it, it was covered in old boxes in a local guy's barn and hadn't moved in over 20 years. Someone had transplanted a 140 in it many years ago but it didn't run and was painted red (poorly done) but I saw potential. I managed to get the engine running (lots of blow by and smoking) but it had life in it and was worthy of a engine rebuild. Then I completely re-did the brakes, shocks, fuel lines, front suspension bushings, gas tank... basically everything to get it road worthy and reliable. Once it was running good, I concentrated on looks. The body was in surprisingly good shape with very little rust and no damage. The aging Macco style red paint job was sanded off and replaced with the original color of mist blue metallic (done in 2 stage with extra metal flake). I put on all new bright work, wheel well trim, 14" wheels, new tires and period correct spoke hubcaps. To really give it a classic grandpa look, I added the chrome luggage rack. Next, I completely re-did the interior with new seat covers, head liner, dash pad, package tray, door panels and carpet. I made a battery operated clock to fit where a stock clock would be and I made a console from under the dash to the floor to hold a modern CD/AM/FM headset with built in speakers. What always impresses me about this sedan is how it rides and handles. Smooth like a caddy and nimble in the curves.

Last edited by monza66mo on Thu May 05, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art in Missouri
dagdal1967
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by dagdal1967 »

Love the sporty luggage rack.. As it its saying "Ya, I know I'm a four door - Screw You, I'm still sporty!"
Doug Gault
Fort Worth, Texas

- 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium
- 1964 Palomar Red Corvair 900 Monza Club Coupe
- 1961 Lincoln Continental

The Air Cooled Addiction Continues...
monza66mo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by monza66mo »

dagdal1967 wrote:Love the sporty luggage rack.. As it its saying "Ya, I know I'm a four door - Screw You, I'm still sporty!"
Funny you should say it like that because that is exactly what I was going for!
Art in Missouri
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:tongue: :drool: :clap: I really love them both! I only hope that I can find similar Corvairs to add to my garage!! This is going to be a difficult COTM vote!!
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
pete

Post by pete »

Hello all, here is my 1964 Greenbrier van. This van is unique in that it is black/white with delux interior and white painted bumpers. Not many around with this combination. What really sets this van off is that it is original, unrestored with just 38,000 miles since new. It is a 110HP with 4-speed. The paint and interior are very close to as delivered, new condition. The chassis and driveline are untouched as well. The jack and spare have never touched the ground! The van drive as new and has no problem keeping up on the freeway in northern Arizona. This van has had three owners, and is fully documented with original titles, owners package including the owner protection plan as well as complete maintenance log from new showing mileage throughout history. The best part of this van is that it is "turn key" and can be driven anywhere, anytime. Some pics for pleasure. Thanks and good day.
Attachments
IMG_2588.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0566.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG (56.57 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
thewolfe
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by thewolfe »

Wow that is a beautiful van
Nate Wolfe
65 Corsa 180
61 Lakewood 140
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks Nate, note in the engine bay pic the original air cleaner decal, paper labels for the PCV valve and generator as well as the original metal foil tags for each carb (date and part number). Also note on the cold air bulkhead fitting the "Engineered by Chevrolet" foil decal. I have seen these in the past but not so common.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Pete won my heart with the family picture. Also, very awesome van. Sometimes it's not the overall condition of a vehicle, but the memories and experiences it brings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”