VOTE - Corvair of the Month April 2016

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month April 2016

Poll ended at Mon May 30, 2016 9:40 am

Am-Iron
20%
monza66mo
37%
Carburetor
23%
Boxer
20%

Total votes: 30

Scott H
Site Admin

VOTE - Corvair of the Month April 2016

Post by Scott H »

Voting Now Open :chevy:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: ENTER - Corvair of the Month April 2016

Post by Am-Iron »

My Greenbrier is not the prettiest but it has attitude, and some patina. It is my first FC that I have got on the road. A 1961 Greenbrier with 64 110 engine and 4 speed car power pack. It will have matching Deluxe rear seats thanks to Craig Nicol! There is a little bit of rust but the plan is to repair it, match the paint and clear it. I enjoy it and hope you do too! I will take more pictures without the date stamp soon. This will also be the test bed for some FC fixes I am working on like the early FC shifter fix.

IMG_3325.JPG
IMG_3322.JPG
IMG_3318.JPG
IMG_3324.JPG
Last edited by Am-Iron on Fri May 06, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
monza66mo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by monza66mo »

Here's my '66 Corsa clone. This car began life as a Monza with a 110/4sp and was madeira maroon when I got it in 2003. As you can see, it's been re-badged and all the dash and trim is correct for a Corsa. I transplanted a 140 that I had in my sport sedan. I had the car painted in 2005 to chateau slate metallic with rally stripes. The rear cove was argent silver at first but it clashed so I painted it body color (I know, I know... not correct for a Corsa). The engine underwent a modest rebuild with the barrels .030 over and a 270 cam. While appearing stock, the intake is discretely modified to allow more airflow into the crossover. The exhaust is something I created from U-pipes and turbo mufflers so it's got a great exhaust note. The wheels in this picture are 15x7 steel chevy rally with 205/60-15s but I also run 14 x7 Outlaw IIs for daily driving. The tail lights are LED with the back up lights converted to work as tail lights. Next up for this car is to put in an HEI distributor and do some touch ups to the dash.
Art in Missouri
Carburetor

Post by Carburetor »

Below is my 1966 Monza convertible – one of 10,345 built at Willow Run for the 1966 model year. It has been repainted in its original color of Madeira Maroon and still sports its original interior. Options on this car include a power convertible top, Powerglide automatic transmission, and the 140 HP engine. I purchased this car in July of 2014 out of Fort Gratiot, Michigan and it currently has 83,000 miles. Since acquiring it I have converted it to a dual-reservoir master cylinder, replaced the blower bearing, rebuilt the carburetors, and resealed the engine. This is my first Corvair after a couple of Camaros and I’ve been bitten by the bug, hard!
Employee Car Show 22JL15 Resized.jpg
Engine 30JN14.jpg
Interior 30JN14.jpg
Jim C.
Chesterfield Township, Michigan

1966 Monza 140/PG
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Boxer »

I like to enter my Corsa-65 turbo coupé. VIN # 510737008416.
It´s a Canadian built car originally sold in Sweden in 1965.
IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_8138.JPG
I bought it a couple of years ago and despite an accident with a moose
IMG_2298.JPG
(the car is now rebuilt again) I have had a lot of fun with this car, driving it to a lot of car shows in my country during summer.
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Ouch! Moose 1 Corvair 0 .. but glad you were able to get it fixed.
Boxer
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Boxer »

Actually it was the other way around. The moose didn´t make it, the Corvair only needed some TLC and a new roof.

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”