Cylinder identification 66 Monza

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Corvaircar

Cylinder identification 66 Monza

Post by Corvaircar »

Which is the first cylinder on a 66 Monza, front left or right?
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Cylinder identification 66 Monza

Post by bbodie52 »

Firing Order.gif
Firing Order.gif (6.48 KiB) Viewed 51 times
The image above should answer any questions you have about cylinder numbering, firing order, etc.

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

The link below will provide you with several useful websites. These include sites where you can download shop manuals, supplements, and numerous other Corvair-related technical manuals in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format at no charge.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewt ... 225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for your Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you and your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Pictures are great too, because pictures of your Corvair will help us to visualize where you are with your Corvair and its condition at the present time. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities to resolve some issues or problems.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome Corvaircar! The cylinder numbers are also stamped on the top "turkey roaster" shroud.
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

You won't find #2 on the engine cover. In 1960 the one year only thermostat mechanism covered that area. In 1961 the thermostat was removed (change to the lower style units), BUT Chevy never got around to putting #2 on the fan shroud. It all worked out since they needed a flat area were the #2 would have been to mount the fast idle A/C solenoid on later cars.
Corvaircar

Post by Corvaircar »

Corvaircar wrote:Which is the first cylinder on a 66 Monza, front left or right?
Thanx, I am still getting used to be on a blog, excuse my ludditeness, saw this Corvair having never heard of one before and was stuck by it's lines.
Corvaircar

Post by Corvaircar »

Will rear coil springs from an earlier Corvair convertible fit a 66 Monza, ideally I would like to lift the rear end an inch or two from stock, it seems low to me, any info on coil springs from other cars that would achieve this? I found 4 earlier Corvair convertibles in a field in the Vernon, British Columbia, Canada area if anyone is interested. Some very nice hoods,trunks and doors.

Return to “Introductions”