Hello from Bolivia

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Richard1
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Hello from Bolivia

Post by Richard1 »

I just found this site, so will be visiting as time permits. Many have probably seen my posts on other forums as I went from a Corvair Newbie to where it is my daily driver (30 months of restoration). I doubt that I will be on every day since I spend most of my forum time on Spanish forums trying to explain things.

For those that haven't seen me around, I live and work in Bolivia where for the last 16 years I've run a business importing and distributing oil and filters. That currently involves about 200 different oils and more than 1000 different filters. I teach maintenance courses around the country and publish monthly maintenance bulletins (in Spanish). My web site gets about 2700 visits a day from people looking for information on maintenance or something.

For fun I restored the Corvair you see here, and am restoring a 1962 Renault Dauphine and a 1975 Morris Mini Pickup. All are documented on my site as I progress, however slowly that may be.
cad-kid

Re: Hello from Bolivia

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome to our family Richard :wave: It's good to see you here. I must say you have done an excellent job rebuilding your Vair. :welcome2:
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
kevdeno

Post by kevdeno »

Hi Richard,

I just had a look around your site. I must say, that's quite a passion you have going on there. To restore an old car in a country where you literally can't find most of what you need is, well, bold. I'm impressed.
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:welcome2: RICHARD to the Corvair Forum, from Maine. Super job on the car. I just been going thru those links. Great information. Glad your with our group . Great family of Corvair families . Fun and supporting each other.. Looking to hear more from ya...... CraZy gEorGe :rolling: GREAT LOOKING CAR :tu: :tu:
Paulvill76

Post by Paulvill76 »

I know Richard since the years , must say welcome to our family as well , ! He did an excellent job rebuilding the vair !
Pablo Vilaronga
Corvair 500 1960 4 Door Sedan
Buenos Aires . Argentina
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2qqqPBM

Return to “Introductions”