Kevin from hidhland utah

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
kvndvs69

Kevin from hidhland utah

Post by kvndvs69 »

Hi out there my name is Kevin from Highland Utah bought a 1964 Corvair Turbo convertible Spyder. my first car I ever bought in high school was a 67 Corvair two-door hardtop, love the Corvair, and have been enjoying reading all of your posts. I have reviewed all of the posts that I've been doing like we work in the front end. all started from breaking two shock bolts and then one thing led to another and now I've got the gas tank out and everything else I'm trying to put it back together. again thank you for all your information this is quite the amazing sight I do have a little bit of knowledge of mechanic's work redid the the inside of my convertible Chevelle 1968 and have reworked my 66 and 63 Corvette as well as I'm working on my 1973 Dodge Challenger I like all cars, I do have access to a lift and I thank you for your wealth of knowledge that I have very little of thank you again for everything.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Kevin from hidhland utah

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

If you haven't yet checked it out, I would encourage you to check out the nearest CORSA club chapter. Their next meeting is scheduled for 'November 1st and their meeting location is only about 40 miles north of your location. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership.

:link: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter840/
Welcome to the Bonneville Corvair Club website!

This site has information regarding upcoming club activities and tech sessions. Please consider attending an activity. You won't find a better bunch of Corvair nuts in Utah.

Corvairs are fun cars to own and a blast to drive. They are not a mystery to repair or restore as parts are readily available from numerous mail-order and web sources. If you need help getting your ol' Corvair runnin' please contact one of the Club officers for help. You'll find that Corvair owners are always willing to lend a hand and share their Corvair "know-how" with others.

We dedicate this website to the enjoyment of our favorite car, the Chevrolet Corvair! We hope our enthusiasm is contagious and you too are bitten by the Corvair bug.

The Bonneville Corvair Club is a group of Corvair enthusiasts who appreciate the air-cooled, rear-engine automobile boldly produced by Chevrolet from 1960 to 1969.

The Club meets on the first Wednesday of each month. We hold numerous driving activities and technical sessions throughout the year.

Next BCC monthly meeting
When: Wed, November 1, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Where: Murdock Chevrolet, 2375 South 625 West, Woods Cross, UT, United States

The Club also publishes a monthly newsletter, "The Utah Corvair News" to inform Club members about upcoming activities and events, technical information, and general Corvair related articles.

Annual dues for membership in the Bonneville Corvair Club are $15.00 and are due in January of each year (payable by March).

Dues for new members are waived the first year.

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your earlier posts and tell us more about yourself. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities. If you can post some photographs of your Corvair Spyder we would love to see your car, too.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
kvndvs69

Re: Kevin from highland utah

Post by kvndvs69 »

In my mid-fifties live about 40 miles south of Salt Lake City love working on cars kind of a Carnet work in construction my whole life building Custom Homes and now own a swimming pool business that I'm very Hands-On with not super qualified in the mechanical region of the cars but quick learner love to do my own work figure things out if I can better on interior stuff rebuilt the interior of my 68 Chevelle new seat covers carpeting sound-deadening Heat that kind of stuff not sure how to post pictures but I will once I figure it out
kvndvs69

Post by kvndvs69 »

kvndvs69 wrote:Hi out there my name is Kevin from Highland Utah bought a 1964 Corvair Turbo convertible Spyder. my first car I ever bought in high school was a 67 Corvair two-door hardtop, love the Corvair, and have been enjoying reading all of your posts. I have reviewed all of the posts that I've been doing like we work in the front end. all started from breaking two shock bolts and then one thing led to another and now I've got the gas tank out and everything else I'm trying to put it back together. again thank you for all your information this is quite the amazing sight I do have a little bit of knowledge of mechanic's work redid the the inside of my convertible Chevelle 1968 and have reworked my 66 and 63 Corvette as well as I'm working on my 1973 Dodge Challenger I like all cars, I do have access to a lift and I thank you for your wealth of knowledge that I have very little of thank you again for everything.
ImageImage

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Corvair Forum mobile app

Trip

Post by Trip »

Sweet Spyder, and welcome to the community! That's quite a stable you've got, that 63 coupe is sweet, I think that's a favorite of pretty much every car guy in the world.

Lot's of very knowledgeable people here, both in the department of advice and help with trouble shooting/repairs/upgrades and the very interesting history surrounding our Corvairs. Don't be shy, ask any questions you have.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
kvndvs69

Post by kvndvs69 »

Trip wrote:Sweet Spyder, and welcome to the community! That's quite a stable you've got, that 63 coupe is sweet, I think that's a favorite of pretty much every car guy in the world.

Lot's of very knowledgeable people here, both in the department of advice and help with trouble shooting/repairs/upgrades and the very interesting history surrounding our Corvairs. Don't be shy, ask any questions you have.
Thank you have been amazed at how much all are willing to help thank you. Also have a 66 conv Corvette. A 73 Dodge challenger. Love all old cars

kvndvs69

Post by kvndvs69 »

Just wondering what everyone thinks of alt vs generators for early model. Need to either get a new generator bite the bullet and switch to alt. And advice would be great

Trip

Post by Trip »

I've never had any issues with the factory generator. Missy (my wife) has a modern amp and speakers and plays music pretty much at all times when driving and still has never experienced a low battery even after hours spent in traffic.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf

Return to “Introductions”