New Member from PA

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Monzamaniac

New Member from PA

Post by Monzamaniac »

Hi, new to the forum here, been restoring a 65 monza over the last 6 years... look forward to reading the posts and being a part of the forum
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New Member from PA

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :clap: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

What part of Pennsylvania are you from? I lived in Lebanon, PA from 1993 until I moved to North Carolina to assist my father in 2008. Fort Indiantown Gap was my final Air Force assignment, and I retired from the Air Force there in 1996 after serving for twenty-four years on active duty. Our Corvairs followed us all over the USA and to Germany as we moved from one military assignment to the next. I then worked in Harrisburg as a computer technician and network administrator for nine years. I've been around Corvairs since I was 8 years old, when my parents bought the first family Corvair in 1961. We have owned ten Corvairs over the years, and purchased our current 1966 Corsa convertible as my wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary in 2012.

I think you will find excellent support and a lot of helpful information here on the Corvair Forum.

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to invite you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, etc. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you and your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Pictures are great too, because pictures of your Corvair will help us to visualize where you are with your Corvair and its condition at the present time. Knowing your geographic location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities to resolve some issues or problems.

Please post some pictures of your 1965 Monza!

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Monzamaniac

Post by Monzamaniac »

Thanks for the encouragement and info. I live in Stroudsburg... I have a pretty solid mechanical background and originally traded up from a lawn mower to my 65 vair that was found rotting in a field... poor girl had about 4" of water in the back and literally had shelf fungus growing inside. Got the bad gas out of the tank, changed the oil, put a battery in it and cranked it over... started right up :) Tore out the interior, made a custom headliner, dried and cleaned the vinyl seat covers re did seat cushions, and drove it for a couple years, recently just did the exterior, and pulled the motor and trans for a few up grades going from a dual 110 set up to a 4 primary carb set up from Clarks. Just finished rebushing the front end, and going to a disc brake conversion from California corvairs, attached are some pics of Pollyanna
Monzamaniac

Post by Monzamaniac »

IMG_0328.JPG
IMG_0330.JPG
IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0374.JPG
Monzamaniac

Post by Monzamaniac »

IMG_0280.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

Welcome to the site. :welcome2:

The Hershey Show mentioned in the above reply usually has a good turnout with a good mix of early and late vehicles and several folks selling parts.

If you have not been to the AACA Museum in a few years, be sure to check out their collection. They now have a very nice Tucker display as well as Corvairs in the building. Bring the family, it appears they share the interest and this could be a great memory for everyone.

Hershey is about a two hour drive each way but would be well worth the effort and a chance to meet others that are relatively local. :my02:

I plan on attending this event again this year.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
kenzen

Post by kenzen »

I'll be at Hershey as well :tu:

Ken
66 Monza 110/PG
Bel Air, MD
Ken
Bel Air, MD
66 Monza 110/PG
Monzamaniac

Post by Monzamaniac »

Not sure that I'll be able to make it... I'm a band director and it's marching band season, but I might be able to squeeze it in :)
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hi Monzamaniac,

You have two active chapters of the Corvair Society of America near Stroudsburg PA. One is the Lehigh Valley Corvair Club. The other is the New Jersey Association of Corvair Enthusiasts. Here are links to their websites:

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/lvcc/
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/njace/
Trip Rodriguez

Post by Trip Rodriguez »

Hi MonzaManiac. I'm right near you, our new place is in Gouldsboro. I imagine I'll get to see that beautiful blue Monza in person sooner or later!
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's car)

toytron

Post by toytron »

Man that paint job looks nice how coats of clear do you have on it if you don't mind me asking?

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
Monzamaniac

Post by Monzamaniac »

I is two bade coats and three clear :) still need to wet sand, but thank you :)
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

:tu: WOW nice job on the Corvair! I like it

Return to “Introductions”