Hello from NC

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
bobg1951chevy

Re: Hello from NC

Post by bobg1951chevy »

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong here.

Each time I come to this site, I login again .... user name, then password, then check "remember me" ...... but it never remembers me.
Next time to the site, same procedure as above.
Am I missing a step here ?
Bob G., Hendersonville, NC.

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan. 6/2000.
1969 Corvair 500 Coupe # 2671. 7/2017.
County98

Post by County98 »

Shouldn't be this site specific, but it sounds like your browser needs to be set to accept cookies maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Corvair Forum mobile app
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079
bobg1951chevy

Post by bobg1951chevy »

County98 wrote:Shouldn't be this site specific, but it sounds like your browser needs to be set to accept cookies maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Corvair Forum mobile app
I have this concern only on this site, thought I was missing a step somewhere.

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:think: :idea: I found the information below in the Frequently asked Questions section of this website. “Delete all board cookies” appears at the bottom of the Corvair Forum screen, if you scroll all the way to the bottom. You might try this remedy by clicking on “Delete all board cookies” and see if it clears up your logon problem.
What does the “Delete all board cookies” do?

“Delete all board cookies” deletes the cookies created by phpBB which keep you authenticated and logged into the board. Cookies also provide functions such as read tracking if they have been enabled by a board administrator. If you are having login or logout problems, deleting board cookies may help.
If this doesn't work to correct your problem, you might send the System Administrator (Scott Howey) a Private Message (PM) and ask if he can help.

SCOTT HOWEY :link: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
acarlson

Post by acarlson »

There is a big auto show coming up in Charlotte at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. One section of that is dedicated to Corvairs. You're likely to find a more prestine Vair at a show. An auction will be held and private sales are possible.
https://www.corvair.org/index.php?optio ... t=1&id=235

Also check out Clarks "Corvairs for Sale" page:
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/pages.c ... =buyorsell

Alec
Alec Carlson
Dahlonega, GA
1965 Regal Red Corsa 4 Speed Turbo Convertible
Restoration "In Progress"...
bobg1951chevy

Post by bobg1951chevy »

bbodie52 wrote: :think: :idea: I found the information below in the Frequently asked Questions section of this website. “Delete all board cookies” appears at the bottom of the Corvair Forum screen, if you scroll all the way to the bottom. You might try this remedy by clicking on “Delete all board cookies” and see if it clears up your logon problem.

“Delete all board cookies” deletes the cookies created by phpBB which keep you authenticated and logged into the board. Cookies also provide functions such as read tracking if they have been enabled by a board administrator. If you are having login or logout problems, deleting board cookies may help.
If this doesn't work to correct your problem, you might send the System Administrator (Scott Howey) a Private Message (PM) and ask if he can help.

I tried the "delete cookies", left the site for a while, came back, still had to log in again.
I'll send Scott Howey a P.M.

bobg1951chevy

Post by bobg1951chevy »

acarlson wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:32 pm There is a big auto show coming up in Charlotte at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. One section of that is dedicated to Corvairs. You're likely to find a more prestine Vair at a show. An auction will be held and private sales are possible.
https://www.corvair.org/index.php?optio ... t=1&id=235

Also check out Clarks "Corvairs for Sale" page:
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/pages.c ... =buyorsell

Alec
ACARLSON, Thanks for the Corvair info @ Charlotte. We were neighbors, of sorts. Our home was in Ellijay, GA., until 2 years ago.

Bob. 2-18-2017.

bobg1951chevy

Post by bobg1951chevy »

bbodie52 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:08 pm :think: :idea: I found the information below in the Frequently asked Questions section of this website. “Delete all board cookies” appears at the bottom of the Corvair Forum screen, if you scroll all the way to the bottom. You might try this remedy by clicking on “Delete all board cookies” and see if it clears up your logon problem.

As an update to my "log in" issue, I discovered if I logged in through GOOGLE CHROME, all was well.
My computer is 4 years old, has Internet Explorer as its browser.
Corvair Forum recognized GOOGLE CHROME, just fine.
Bob. 2-18-2017.

Return to “Introductions”